Wrong names for Philippines!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Warhorse -> Wrong names for Philippines!! (10/12/2004 2:21:37 AM)

Hi all,

Embarrassing as it is, having helped form WAW way back, I just noticed today that the leader names fro Philippines are all Chinese, or Korean!! I don't know how I never noticed this before, but there it was in plain view. I don't guess there's any chance of this being remedied, since a whole revision of the exe would be involved, no?

Mike

historyis -> RE: Wrong names for Philippines!! (10/12/2004 3:03:37 AM)

I thought it was part of an OOB... which should be editable, shouldn't it?

Warhorse -> RE: Wrong names for Philippines!! (10/12/2004 3:33:01 AM)

It would be really nice if it was part of the oob, but in answer to your question, no, the names are stored in the Mech.exe, and, since Philippines was added, they might even share the name table with the chinese, in which case we are out of luck!! If anyone knows for sure, like Mike Wood, or someone reading this, I have real Philippine names, but adding them is tricky, since we don't have folders like Spww2, and Spmbt.

Mike

BruceAZ -> RE: Wrong names for Philippines!! (10/12/2004 6:46:00 PM)

Wow, I never noticed!

Good catch, Mike. [X(] Hope they can be fixed before they release 8.3.

Recon
Semper Fi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Warhorse

Hi all,

Embarrassing as it is, having helped form WAW way back, I just noticed today that the leader names fro Philippines are all Chinese, or Korean!! I don't know how I never noticed this before, but there it was in plain view. I don't guess there's any chance of this being remedied, since a whole revision of the exe would be involved, no?

Mike

KG Erwin -> RE: Wrong names for Philippines!! (10/12/2004 6:55:53 PM)

No, the mech.exe wasn't changed from 8.2.

You can still change the names in-game by right-clicking units, or save the game and use the WaW Game Editor.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI