SSG plz add more hotkeys (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy

Awac835 -> SSG plz add more hotkeys (10/12/2004 10:13:23 PM)

I don't know how you guys survive this game. I don't think i will last past 3 month, or let me be more specific, i don't think my right wrist/hand will. The total lack of hotkeys is killing me. why is there no hot key for supply gradient like there was in KP, and why is there no hotkey for an action like entrench, or extended movement etc. etc.

IMHO the only thing you should do with the mouse is clicking untis ans such, all the buttons on the controll pannel should have hotkeys. also the next unit buttons and so on.

I know that hardcore wargamers are know for the fact that they don't need flashy graphics and sound, but then they should make up for it in terms of playability and ease of use.

Plz add more hotkeys in the next patch and i will be like this [&o]

IanAM -> RE: SSG plz add more hotkeys (10/12/2004 10:26:02 PM)

...just an 'N' for 'Next Unit' would be enough to brighten my day...[:)]

Gregor_SSG -> RE: SSG plz add more hotkeys (10/14/2004 10:05:04 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Awac835

I don't know how you guys survive this game. I don't think i will last past 3 month, or let me be more specific, i don't think my right wrist/hand will. The total lack of hotkeys is killing me. why is there no hot key for supply gradient like there was in KP, and why is there no hotkey for an action like entrench, or extended movement etc. etc.

IMHO the only thing you should do with the mouse is clicking untis ans such, all the buttons on the controll pannel should have hotkeys. also the next unit buttons and so on.

I know that hardcore wargamers are know for the fact that they don't need flashy graphics and sound, but then they should make up for it in terms of playability and ease of use.

Plz add more hotkeys in the next patch and i will be like this [&o]

The key to show the Supply Net is 's'. Most keys are already allocated, but if people have actions that they desperately want allocated to a hotkey, now is the time to ask.

Gregor

Awac835 -> RE: SSG plz add more hotkeys (10/14/2004 8:30:33 PM)

Great!!!

Extendet movement
Entrench
Next unit
Leave unit and get next one
Toggle stongpoints and minefields on/off
All Three "Cycle unit type/ability/units with ability" buttons
Cycle thru selection(button that cycle thru the units in the selected divison)

In the cycle buttons add supply as a unti type.
I think that cover all the keys that don't have any hotkey to em. I hope its not to much. But any hotkeys will be very welcome [:)] thx in advance.

Capitaine -> RE: SSG plz add more hotkeys (10/14/2004 9:31:47 PM)

I could go for that "entrench" hotkey. [:)]

Adam Parker -> RE: SSG plz add more hotkeys (10/15/2004 1:54:42 AM)

quote:

Toggle stongpoints and minefields on/off.

That one is there the same as Korsun - strongpoints/forts "e", mines "m", units "u" or as we say Downunder "Emu" - a big dopey bird!

The benefit the BiN brings however, is a single clickable button that does all this work for you at once.

I personally love the new interface and positioning of informational toggles, order buttons. Issuing replacements is more of a snap than it has ever been, toggling dead units, supply radius, ordering interdiction types - all really well thought out. The only thing I'd change so far would be the ability to click on the nationality flag itself in the left to toggle country specific orders/info rather than the arrow but it's fine as is too.

elmo3 -> RE: SSG plz add more hotkeys (10/15/2004 1:59:20 PM)

A hotkey to toggle on/off the air interdiction markers.

Awac835 -> RE: SSG plz add more hotkeys (10/15/2004 3:07:07 PM)

Adam i know the key is there i just like a hotkey to it [;)]
and a key to total declutter the map would me nice to, interdictions and everything included.

on another note.
Is anyone else experiencing some bug that will seems to make it so that the computer mix up what units will be hidden and the untis that will not. Im not sure when this happens, but it often do. I start a game and start the turn as allies but all the allies units are gone and the few i can see is hidden, while i can see all the axis units. It seems like i see things in reverse. when i shift turn and play the axis turn i can see all the allies units but not the axis.
It sees to happen when im playing and want to quiet and press the end turn button and then quit the replay. also when it happens i can not use the L key for deselect or space key for select all. Very strange.

Ill have to restart the game for this to go away.
its nothing that will make me stop playing the game, but its annoying to restart the game all the time.

JSS -> RE: SSG plz add more hotkeys (10/15/2004 4:56:09 PM)

quote:

on another note.
Is anyone else experiencing some bug that will seems to make it so that the computer mix up what units will be hidden and the untis that will not. Im not sure when this happens, but it often do. I start a game and start the turn as allies but all the allies units are gone and the few i can see is hidden, while i can see all the axis units. It seems like i see things in reverse. when i shift turn and play the axis turn i can see all the allies units but not the axis.
It sees to happen when im playing and want to quiet and press the end turn button and then quit the replay. also when it happens i can not use the L key for deselect or space key for select all. Very strange.

Sounds like you're using the "x" button to stop the AI's turn before it finishes. This will cause problems; fix should be in the patch. Until then save during your turn and put the AI on fast animation if you want to skip watching the AI; otherwise let AI finish its turn to prevent this problem.

Adam Parker -> RE: SSG plz add more hotkeys (10/15/2004 5:14:26 PM)

Hey Elmo - you got the game then? [;)]

I'm finding it very smooth but a hell of a challenge!

Awac835 -> RE: SSG plz add more hotkeys (10/15/2004 6:54:49 PM)

Thx JSS

that helped save my day [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI