US War Plan Red (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

rekab -> US War Plan Red (10/18/2004 3:19:37 AM)

Now that Plan Orange is well on it's way, perhaps we can see Plan Red? I am sure Ron would want to mount a Defence Plan for 'Crimson' [8|]

--Bob

Don Bowen -> RE: US War Plan Red (10/18/2004 4:34:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rekab

Now that Plan Orange is well on it's way, perhaps we can see Plan Red? I am sure Ron would want to mount a Defence Plan for 'Crimson' [8|]

--Bob

Don't even think about it. The U.S. has invaded Canada twice (Revolution, War of 1812) and got our butts kicked both times. We've learned our lesson.

rekab -> RE: US War Plan Red (10/18/2004 7:54:02 AM)

Yes, it's amazing what Officers will come up with if left to their own devices.

Can you believe that they had a plan to attack Quebec [:-], the valour of US troops has gone up in my esteem.

I don't know what you give these Guys to drink but can you export some to the UK [&o]

--Bob

Don Bowen -> RE: US War Plan Red (10/18/2004 8:10:31 AM)

I recall reading (quite a while ago) about the U.S. and Canadian contingency war plans from the 1930s.

The U.S. plan was a rework of the same old War of 1812 attack - rumble down major routes to the larger cities and overwhelm them.

The Canadians had a much more innovative and probably more workable plan. It called for spoiling attacks on U.S. armories and marshalling points near the border (especially in New York State, if I recall) followed by a fighting withdrawal, destroying communications and transportation facilities on the way. The intent being to force a sufficient delay to allow help to arrive from the Empire.

Lucking such plans were never needed and probably were only drawn up as an excuse to give U.S. Officers a chance to tour Canada and Canadian Officers a chance to tour the U.S.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI