PTO and PTO2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

CSTGator -> PTO and PTO2 (2/26/2002 3:17:00 AM)

Koei made two great Pacific theater games for the SNES and Genesis way back in the day. Did anyone play these? Sure, they were harder to control than PacWar was for the computer, since you couldn't play it with a mouse and keyboard, but it had much better graphics, it had music, and it was just more stimulating, I think. I'm guessing the complexity, especially in PTO2, was very much near Grigsby's PacWar. You could design ships and planes, control the battles (if you wanted to), do basically all the same stuff that you could in PacWar. They of course tried a PC port of PTO2, but it was much inferior to the SNES version. I think the Sega Saturn also had one, that was supposedly the best one. I used to do all my gaming on the consoles of the early 90s, so these games were the best things ever, I thought.

EDDUNN115 -> (2/26/2002 11:26:00 AM)

You can download PTO2 at www.theunderdogs.org as well as numerous others that are long out of print.

LeibstandartePzD -> (2/26/2002 10:09:00 PM)

Yes I remember PTO for the SNES quite fondly. I actually went out and picked up a SNES not too long ago so that I can revisit this classic console game. It was a shame the ETO for the SNES was such a dismal game.

FAdmiral -> (3/14/2002 7:34:36 AM)

I have PTO2 for the PC and the thing that impressed me
the most was the end of the month meeting on setting
policy. KOEI did that by dealing cards to the players
sitting around the table. I thought that was a unique
approach no one has ever tried before.

Jim

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI