Info on PBEM for 19/22 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Opponents wanted

rekab -> Info on PBEM for 19/22 (10/20/2004 2:46:36 AM)

Hi,

Anyone any advice for settings for the above?

I hope to be able to start a PBEM in November playing either side, my first venture into PBEM, so any advice is welcome.
If someone else wants a player for the above at that time I would be happy to join.

Whilst WITP beckons I still think UV may be the best place to dip your toes into PBEM waters.

--Bob

jeffs -> RE: Info on PBEM for 19/22 (10/20/2004 3:01:41 AM)

I do not know 22...
19 I suggest USN IJN 100
Japanese sub doctrine off
Weather and US damage on.

Though I suggest rather than 19
17 with Japan at 130 or 140.

Personally I think 19 gives too much away to the Japanese player..
As in 17 he has the initial advantage, but at least in 19 the Allies gain strength over time...Here the Allies do not gain as much relative strenghth...

But that is one guy`s opinion.

Please tell me about 22 (for that matter 20 and 21!)...I would be interested in the allies (more for 17 than 19, but after talking might consider it (though to be honest the damage control for Japanese ships is a massive advantage (lots of IJN player are very aggressive and use the KB in US waters..The risk is if some of the carriers are damaged, given mediocre IJN damage control they might sink..So the very aggressive strategy, while potential successful, is a gamble...With good damage control, that risk goes down quite a great deal...)[8D]

jeffs -> RE: Info on PBEM for 19/22 (10/20/2004 3:02:33 AM)

If you want to play you can reach me at jeff@sports-j.net

rekab -> RE: Info on PBEM for 19/22 (10/20/2004 4:01:44 AM)

Hi,

Email sent, thanks for the advice.

--Bob

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI