Noob Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

AAGamer -> Noob Question (10/24/2004 10:24:00 PM)

Hello Guys-- Noob here..

Ok I bought the game via digital. I am also waiting impatiently for the books and cd via mail but its on back order.

I fire up the tutorial.. Ok there is nothing there to help me. I have no clue how to move ships.. I have figured out planes and missions for them.. No idea to make a TF or to do anything else. At this point the game is worthless to me without some type of help guide. Where is one? I have looked to no avail.

Help me out guys. Thanks.

Belphegor -> RE: Noob Question (10/24/2004 10:28:24 PM)

If you work through the tutorial it actually makes you do these things (denoted as action steps)

It walks you through the screens, then putting together air and naval forces, then sets them off against each other. I'm not sure what else to tell you. If you follow the steps in the tutorial by doing what it suggests concurrently in the game, you should at least get a basic idea of how things work.

bilbow -> RE: Noob Question (10/24/2004 10:32:06 PM)

There is also a very well-written manual that was part of the downloaded file. It's a .pdf file in your WITP folder. Covers all that stuff and more.

AAGamer -> RE: Noob Question (10/25/2004 2:37:18 AM)

Thanks guys..

Actually I hate the say this but when I run the tutorial it doesnt walk me through anything. I have a game and I have been forced to just click around and figure out what I am doing by chance. Thanks for the pdf will check that out.. For some reason I am not getting a walk through.

rogueusmc -> RE: Noob Question (10/25/2004 2:51:58 AM)

There is a .pdf tutorial manual...that's what walks you through it. Print it out...it's about 60 pages.

Belphegor -> RE: Noob Question (10/25/2004 4:30:16 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AAGamer

Thanks guys..

Actually I hate the say this but when I run the tutorial it doesnt walk me through anything. I have a game and I have been forced to just click around and figure out what I am doing by chance. Thanks for the pdf will check that out.. For some reason I am not getting a walk through.

You run the tutorial scenario, but you also must read and use the tutorial .pdf to walk you through the tutorial scenario. the printed tutorial instructions will tell you what to do on your screen in the tutorial scenario and by doing this you will get your walkthrough...

Twotribes -> RE: Noob Question (10/25/2004 5:07:17 AM)

Which is worthless to a lot of people, since it doesnt explain that, and it means having a printer and paying to print up the pages to do the exersizes, poor design in my opinion.

dereck -> RE: Noob Question (10/25/2004 6:15:51 PM)

Don't be afraid to ask questions on this forum. I've asked some real "dumb" ones and there's always been someone nice and willing (and patient) enough to come to my rescue.

Just expect a big learning curve ... there's a lot to this game but it's well worth it.

AAGamer -> RE: Noob Question (10/26/2004 5:22:55 AM)

Actually I am glad I asked..

I am pretty computer savey and will say that having a tutorial and not being told to print out to use it seems pretty basic.. I would have never know without this forum. How many people wont touch a game without an interactive or guidiance type of tutorial is a question that matrix games should consider answering :)

Thanks guys.. If you have anymore clues or hints or helps.. I will appreciate it..

Well I have another dumb question.. In the tutorial how do I load ships? I mean I made a TF, I have plenty of ships but i get the impression there isnt any ground troops and maybe I missed something again [:D]

Thanks!

dereck -> RE: Noob Question (10/26/2004 5:30:25 AM)

To load troops/squadrons on the right side of the task force screen are a number of buttons ... there's two: load troops and load only troops. Only difference is load troops will fill up the remaining space if any with supplies while load only troops won't.

If you can't load a ground unit or squadron make sure it doesn't belong to a restricted command (New Zealand, Australia, Canada and West Coast).

BraveHome -> RE: Noob Question (11/12/2004 6:47:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Twotribes

Which is worthless to a lot of people, since it doesnt explain that, and it means having a printer and paying to print up the pages to do the exersizes, poor design in my opinion.

No need to have a printer and waste them trees (that's what Bombardment's for [:D]) Print is DEAD!

Just activate the Tutorial Adobe file before you start the game. Close all unnecessary windows after you activate the game, and you can just ALT-TAB between the Tutorial and the Game. I'm a newcomer to WitP so I use this technique with the manual constantly (just on my first game). [8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI