Point advantage in advance-defend (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

StefanE -> Point advantage in advance-defend (10/26/2004 9:40:39 AM)

Hello

I am playing a PBEM-game with a friend and in this scenario we play German advance (him) against Russian defence (me). We are both newbies, my friend even more than me. What would a suitable point advantage be to get an even game? Is the same point advantage suitable both for experienced PBEM-players and beginners (I figure it is harder to attack without losses when the players experience is low)? Do you have any opinion if the advantage should be modified depending on involved nations, year, or time of year?

Thanks in advance

/Stefan

Poopyhead -> RE: Point advantage in advance-defend (10/26/2004 4:46:15 PM)

Hi StefanE. I've heard that a two to one ratio is good for Attack-Defend battles, but since you are both new I would advise you to play it and then switch sides and play again. This is because a battle is never even. At your level it is not a chess match. The big thing is to have the most fun you can with your clothes on. Eventually, you will learn that you can win sometimes with better numbers or equipment, but you can always win with better tactics.

KNomad -> RE: Point advantage in advance-defend (10/27/2004 12:23:18 AM)

I've been using the guides in the SPWAW manual -

even points for meeting engagements
150% points for the attacker in advance/delay
200% points for the attacker in assault/defend

There is an ~25% Soviet Purchase Advantage hardcoded in the game, which can be avoided
by manually setting the points for both combatants when the soviets are involved.

Flyboy -> RE: Point advantage in advance-defend (11/3/2004 11:44:37 PM)

KNomad: nice IWD2 avatar . . .

KNomad -> RE: Point advantage in advance-defend (11/4/2004 12:44:50 AM)

it's actually a close look-alike for me - a friend of mine thought I made it from one of my own pictures

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI