SPWaW on an Apple iMac G5 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

AC -> SPWaW on an Apple iMac G5 (10/31/2004 1:19:59 AM)

I'm actually thinking on buying an iMac - not last because I like the design.
Does anybody now if SPWaW will/could run on such a system, maybe using a software emulation such as Microsoft Virtual PC? [&:]

AC

minefield -> RE: SPWaW on an Apple iMac G5 (11/6/2004 9:19:03 AM)

I don't know for sure. Games have always been fickle to run on computers. Older programs have always had trouble on newer operating systems. Old games are a pain in the butt. Emulation is never 100% the same.
My advice: go buy a used PC just for SP. You ought to be able to find one for under a $100 or maybe even under $30 if you find a university surplus / auction place. This advice makes even more sense if you are going to have to end up paying for emulation software. I forget the minimum requirements for SPWAW but they are such that computers in that spec range are practically being given away these days. If you already have a monitor / keyboard / mouse then the case itself is definitely doable in the price range I mentioned.

chief -> RE: SPWaW on an Apple iMac G5 (11/6/2004 8:08:43 PM)

Do what I did when I was looking for a Lappy.[&:]
Since all I could find used Win XP,[&:] I knew it worked ok with win9x,[:D] I took a working copy of ver 7.1 with me and ask for demo with my disk[;)]......two out of three, no go,[:-] third machine worked,[:D] bought same, still works. One of the two bad ones did not have DirectX ....updated and it worked also later.[X(]

Cheap and dirty way to make sure, try before you buy.[8|]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI