1.3 No torps over Pearl? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

rlc27 -> 1.3 No torps over Pearl? (11/6/2004 1:59:24 AM)

I just started a long campaign with AI as Japan.

My BB's got only slightly pounded at Pearl...I think the worst had only 34 flotation damage, though several had plenty of SYS damage. But none sunk.

In any case, about all they had to hit me with was 250kg and 800kg bombs, no torps. Anyone else experience this?

Since I upgraded with all the patches consecutively I was thinking maybe a fresh install and the full update might do the trick?[:(]

Halsey -> RE: 1.3 No torps over Pearl? (11/6/2004 2:07:50 AM)

It's just the luck of the die roll. It's the same thing that happens at Wake. Sometimes it falls, other times it doesn't. Replay the turn if you want to see different results.

Also there's a Dec 8 scenario with historical results.

Mr.Frag -> RE: 1.3 No torps over Pearl? (11/6/2004 2:08:32 AM)

It happens, when a torp plane attacks a port, it rolls to see if it uses bombs or torps. You just got some (good/bad) rolls [;)]

It helps to shift some of the starting Kates over to port attack, the default does not have them all on port attack.

Each group rolls once, not each plane so the more groups you have, the less likely you'll end up with a all bombs set.

byron13 -> RE: 1.3 No torps over Pearl? (11/6/2004 2:21:37 AM)

I ran through several first turns with my shiny brand-new v1.3 on variable set-up and otherwise. On a historical first turn, you get significant variability. I decided to stay with one that really spanked the BBs: two sunk, two at 99 system damage, and the rest in the 60s or 70s, but no flotation damage over about 60. I might get them back in time for Tokyo Bay. On the other hand, Nevada only had 8 system and 8 float. Go figger. Must have been in drydock.

ElvisDaKing -> RE: 1.3 No torps over Pearl? (11/6/2004 2:21:59 AM)

D3A Val 250 kg bombs are pretty useless in a port attack in regard of the size of Pearl Harbour. So I turn all of them in airfield attack, and all the Kates in Port Attack, hoping for a bunch of topedo hits as well as magazine explosion with their 800 kg bomb.
In my 2 PBEM with the japs I had 2 very different results : one with 3 BB sunk and none in the second game.
Just pray the gods of war...

Belphegor -> RE: 1.3 No torps over Pearl? (11/6/2004 6:58:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mr.Frag

It happens, when a torp plane attacks a port, it rolls to see if it uses bombs or torps. You just got some (good/bad) rolls [;)]

It helps to shift some of the starting Kates over to port attack, the default does not have them all on port attack.

Each group rolls once, not each plane so the more groups you have, the less likely you'll end up with a all bombs set.

Just out of curiousity... One of my attacks at Pearl didn't use torps, which is fine. But an American carrier strike at Wake on turn 1 (and the carrier was one hex from Wake) also didn't use torpedos. The TBDs were listed as attacking with bombs, bomb sounds in the animation etc. Since this isn't a port strike, and it is within range of even the Devastators why didn't they use torpedos..

In other words, what rule did I forget?

Nikademus -> RE: 1.3 No torps over Pearl? (11/6/2004 6:59:41 PM)

There has also been the contention that altitude setting for Port Attacks influences the die roll for torps vs bombs, though i'm not sure if thats true or not. I've gotten mixed results myself fiddling with the settings

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI