I guess I'm just not meant to play this game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Richrd -> I guess I'm just not meant to play this game (11/8/2004 1:33:40 AM)

I bought the game. Never played. Instead I scoured my references and played with the scenario editor. Worked for a hundred hours or more. Finally ready to play the first turn of scen 15, actually 26. I bought a new hard drive. Tried to just drag the game over from my old hard dive. Fatal error 772. No problem, I'll just install the patches. No, I need my serial number. Check the disk. Order ID printed on it, but no serial no. Ok, I'll contact Matrix. For info I have to enable cookies. I set security to non-existant. For info I have to enable cookies. I'm just ready to quit. I almost wish I had never bought this game.

EUBanana -> RE: I guess I'm just not meant to play this game (11/8/2004 1:39:02 AM)

You have to register to get the serial number... that one threw me as well for a while.

Tankerace -> RE: I guess I'm just not meant to play this game (11/8/2004 1:43:47 AM)

What? The serial number for the patches and game should be in the email they sent you when you ordered the game.

Richrd -> This can't be happening (11/8/2004 2:20:48 AM)

I got just enough of the right numbers to patch the game and get it up and running. Almost. Now just before I get to the little Matrix and 2x3 movies I'm informed that I need a certain media player. When I go to that website they will give me that media player for $14.95. No. Can't I just delete those movies and go right to the start screen?

Tankerace -> RE: This can't be happening (11/8/2004 2:33:30 AM)

Don't you have windows media player, or any standard freebe player? Windows Media, Winamp, Realplayer, etc?

2ndACR -> RE: This can't be happening (11/8/2004 2:39:46 AM)

You should be able to turn the movie intro off by renaming the directory that it is in.

But I am not a "guru" enough to tell where it is and how to do it.

Bodhi -> RE: This can't be happening (11/8/2004 2:42:56 AM)

It's a folder named VIDEO in the main WitP folder. Just rename the folder with explorer, and the program should start without any video playing.

Richrd -> RE: This can't be happening (11/8/2004 3:12:02 AM)

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

dereck -> RE: This can't be happening (11/8/2004 5:42:09 AM)

If you don't want the video, rename the VIDEO directory to NOVIDEO. If you're like me and like silent games (I play while watching TV) you can disable sound by naming the SOUND directory to NOSOUND.

rendell -> RE: This can't be happening (11/8/2004 12:11:22 PM)

It's also nice to be able to turn the sound off if you are at work and just HAVE to make your next move.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI