Game slow after running a turn (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

rendell -> Game slow after running a turn (11/8/2004 12:28:08 PM)

Not always, but often after I run a move it seems that every action starts to have a couple second delay, selecting task forces, moving ships between task forces, even scrolling the map, etc. It’s not a real big deal since if I quit the game and restart, it is back to normal, but I am curious if anyone else has the game slow down after executing turns.

WhoCares -> RE: Game slow after running a turn (11/8/2004 2:08:56 PM)

Copy that! Makes me always restarting the game after one turn...

This is new for me with 1.3

2ndACR -> RE: Game slow after running a turn (11/8/2004 4:04:58 PM)

Try renaming the SOUND directory to NOSOUND and see if that cures the delay. Run it for 2 or so turns.

I had the same problem when the game first came out and that cured it. I have since gotten used to having no sound.

Ron Saueracker -> RE: Game slow after running a turn (11/8/2004 9:24:30 PM)

Incoming PBEM turns do it to me as well. My AMD Thunderbird was great when I bought it but now she is an old hen.

dtravel -> RE: Game slow after running a turn (11/8/2004 11:10:08 PM)

After applying the 1.3 patch and continueing an existing game, I was having god-awful slow downs. Turn execution that used to take twenty minutes was taking ninety, ten second delays between clicking destination button on TF screen and the map coming up, etc. I ran virus and spyware scans, cleaned up the hard drive and defragged and tried again. Everything seemed to be back to normal the first turn, then noticed that it was getting slower on the second. I had never had any problems with sound prior to 1.3 but I applied the comprehensive patch anyways. Guess I will have to try NOSOUND unless someone can tell me how to get the original sound files back.

Oh, and one more thing. When I was having the worst slow downs, during the combat animations I would hear the bomb or torpedo sounds, a pause, then the explosion animation would start half-way thru. Very strange.

dtravel -> RE: Game slow after running a turn (11/9/2004 3:33:16 AM)

Okaaay, someone please explain to me why renaming the sound directory would speed up the writing of save game files?

dtravel -> RE: Game slow after running a turn (11/12/2004 9:07:34 AM)

I didn't mean that to be rhetorical question. I am honestly confused by the change in file writing speed caused by renaming the sound directory.

WhoCares -> RE: Game slow after running a turn (11/12/2004 10:38:03 AM)

Me too, but the workaround works for me... Never had this problem before [&:]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI