Disengage (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

yabba_dabba -> Disengage (11/9/2004 10:02:56 PM)

Is there a way to disengage land forces that are involved in combat once a turn has ended? I have tried to move them out of the hex with no success. As well as having a Headquarters get left behind when an enemy force enters a hex. Wanting to get it out as soon as possible, I left it on defensive and tried to move it out. However, it will not let me... Is there a way to add this to the patch list for 1.4

dtravel -> RE: Disengage (11/9/2004 10:23:44 PM)

I believe that you must give the unit a friendly base as a destination to get it out of combat. You can't just order it to move to any hex.

yabba_dabba -> Disengage (11/9/2004 10:29:46 PM)

Thank you...I will try it 2night and let you know what happened. One more question, is there a way to surround a force and destroy it? I am tired of getting retreats; I do know that once they retreat the fighting value of that unit drops greatly. I just want to destroy that unit once and for all.

dtravel -> RE: Disengage (11/10/2004 4:52:07 AM)

Put a unit in every hex around the unit you want to destroy.

This was supposed to change with the introduction of ZOCs in 1.3, but those disappear as soon as the unit leaves the hex so I'm not sure what the point of them is anymore.

Xargun -> RE: Disengage (11/10/2004 5:05:29 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

Put a unit in every hex around the unit you want to destroy.

This was supposed to change with the introduction of ZOCs in 1.3, but those disappear as soon as the unit leaves the hex so I'm not sure what the point of them is anymore.

In order to retreat from combat (in same hex as enemy units) you must give your unit(s) a destination of a friendly base. Once it is out of the hex, you can command it as normal.

As for the ZOCs... They are designed to prevent units from Retreating only - not simply moving through the hex. Although an enemy ZOC will prevent supply from tracing a route through the hex..

Xargun

dtravel -> RE: Disengage (11/10/2004 8:02:54 AM)

But they don't prevent retreats or supplys from going thru unless they PERSIST.

And I never thought ZOC prevented movement. But if the ZOCs did persist, then it would NOT be necessary to physically occupy all six surrounding hexes in order to destroy an enemy unit. I thought that part of the whole purpose of ZOCs was to change that. The screenshot that was posted when 2by3 announced they were adding ZOCs only reinforces that impression.

Xargun -> RE: Disengage (11/10/2004 3:16:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: dtravel

But they don't prevent retreats or supplys from going thru unless they PERSIST.

And I never thought ZOC prevented movement. But if the ZOCs did persist, then it would NOT be necessary to physically occupy all six surrounding hexes in order to destroy an enemy unit. I thought that part of the whole purpose of ZOCs was to change that. The screenshot that was posted when 2by3 announced they were adding ZOCs only reinforces that impression.

I have no trouble with ZOCs staying until the enemy converts it - they have a unit there and you don't... If you are having trouble let me know and fire me off a save...

Xargun

email: sireric_69@yahoo.com

dtravel -> RE: Disengage (11/10/2004 9:10:41 PM)

Save game on its way.

yabba_dabba -> Disengage (11/10/2004 10:18:34 PM)

With a Z.O.C. don't you have to have a land route (path,road,train) open to be able to recieve supplies? Or can an unit that is cut off still get supplies through the jungle.<I don't think that this would apply.However, just looking for a point of clarification>

dtravel -> RE: Disengage (11/10/2004 11:10:14 PM)

From what I understand, the intent is that supply can be traced into a hex with an enemy ZOC but not out of it. So you could get supplies in to units that are in the same hex as the enemy (i.e., in combat). But if there enemy ZOC hexes between the units and the base they would not receive supplies.

(If the unit is in a base hex then of course it will simply draw from the base's stockpile.)

dtravel -> RE: Disengage (11/12/2004 2:55:46 AM)

*ponders whether to risk poking Xargun to confirm he got the save* [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI