What would an SPWAW fan do in DC? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

kedalion -> What would an SPWAW fan do in DC? (11/19/2004 9:58:07 PM)

Hey everyone -

I'm going to vacation [8D] on the Eastern Seaboard in January (don't ask why January), and I was wondering what you all think I should see in DC and Virginia (the focus of my trip)... my hotel will actually be across the street from the Iwo Jima Monument/Arlington, so I'm definitely there, but I've never been to our nation's capital, and I wonder what all you grunts think are must-see sites?

Goblin -> RE: What would an SPWAW fan do in DC? (11/20/2004 1:12:59 AM)

I believe Aberdeen Proving Grounds, with all of the armor displays, is right there.

Goblin

chief -> RE: What would an SPWAW fan do in DC? (11/20/2004 1:48:12 AM)

Smithsonian Air and Space museum

Aberdeen (Maryland) Proving grounds (per Herr Goblin)

Aircraft Museum (name escapes me) at Silver Springs Md. (check at Air and Space for info)

If you get to Baltimore try to see USS Constellation, sister ship to Old Ironsides, and while your there visit Ft. McHenry, home of the Star Spangled Banner.

Civil War sites in Md. at Frederick, Antithem, (sp?), South Mountain, (prelude to Anthitem SP/)

I won't get into the various museums etc, mostly free also.

Have a nice trip, the history is there just look around.

M4Jess -> RE: What would an SPWAW fan do in DC? (11/20/2004 3:46:52 AM)

Aberdeen Proving Grounds

http://www.ordmusfound.org/

Jess

chief -> RE: What would an SPWAW fan do in DC? (11/20/2004 7:26:57 AM)

Kedalion:

Yeah I forgot the most important place to visit not too far from where your staying.......ARLINGTON NATIONAL CEMETERY......This will remind us/you that war is not a game. Please don't take this a anti war or any political statement. This is amust see in the DC area.

Now I'll get off my high horse.

kedalion -> RE: What would an SPWAW fan do in DC? (11/22/2004 8:02:23 PM)

Thanks guys, now I wish I had more than a week to visit! [:D]

Belisarius -> RE: What would an SPWAW fan do in DC? (11/23/2004 7:34:10 PM)

Don't forget the new WWII memorial either. But I guess that's right under your nose so you can't miss it.

Otherwise...yep, Smithsonian and Aberdeen.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI