A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

M4Jess -> A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (11/21/2004 2:07:44 AM)

NOW POSTED AT

http://spwaw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=39063&sid=72c17bf14f68c448b627eaa297981bd2#39063

A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess

You are attached to the 100th Division and are to attack in the Barrikady Factory.

You have enough points to purchase one Engineer Platoon with a MG34

By the end of October 1942 the German advance in Stalingrad was almost stopped. Luftwaffe General von Richthofen blamed Paulus that he didn't made any advantage of the Luftwaffe's support he received. von Richthofen said that the infantry and the artillery were not used to fight street battles and he sugested Paulus to fight with smaller "shock troop units". Paulus refused. Von Richtofen contacted General Jeshonnek in Berlin and asked his friend to make Hitler see that Paulus would better fight with smaller units to destroy the last Russian strongholds. The Germans already held 9/10th of the city. The last part to be captured were a few Red Army strongholds in the industrial part of the city (northern part). The Russian strongholds were situated in the huge factories. Hitler agreed and ordered Paulus to attack with smaller shock troop units. The "land" between the factories was attackedby newly formed battle groups of the 71th, 79th, 100th, 295th, 305th, 398th Infantry Divisions and 14th and 24th Panzer Division. The strongholds in the factory were attacked by 4 extra battalions of Pioneers and the 389th Pioneer Battalion.

"Stalin declares : Stalingrad must not be taken by the enemy. That part of Stalingrad which has been captured must be liberated."

Paulus, after gathering his forces for another surge against the Russians still fighting inside Stalingrad, attacks headlong into the Red Army.The new attack is bringing the Germans into the Red October and Barrikady factories. But Paulus’s operations are eating up his infantry strength at the rate of a division Every five days. And there are no more replacements for him.

"I was horrified when I saw the map. We're quite alone, without any help from outside. Hitler has left us in the lurch. Whether this letter gets away depends on whether we still hold the airfield. We are lying in the north of the city. The men in my unit already suspect the truth, but they aren't so exactly informed as I am. No, we are not going to be captured. When Stalingrad falls you will hear and read about it. Then you will know that I shall not return."

Anonymous German soldier

m10bob -> RE: A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (11/22/2004 7:19:45 AM)

Thank you Jess..I was not the 1st to get this,but not the last either,I'm sure.

Huffy -> RE: A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (11/22/2004 8:31:12 AM)

Thank you jess....
Huffy

Wild Bill -> RE: A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (11/27/2004 10:30:44 AM)

I've downloaded it and will give it a try. The idea of a an easily manageable Stalingrad campaign is a great idea. I'm glad to see you honing down those monsters (but good monsters) to sizes that us quick play guys enjoy.

Wild Bill

degen -> RE: A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (12/4/2004 8:42:21 AM)

OK Jess, I have not played for a while, but this campaign has peaked my interest. The only problem is that I can't figure out how to download it!

Can someone give me a hand here? I followed the link to Jess' showcase, but I do not see a file download. What am I missing?

[&:]

KNomad -> RE: A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (12/4/2004 9:11:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: degen

OK Jess, I have not played for a while, but this campaign has peaked my interest. The only problem is that I can't figure out how to download it!

Can someone give me a hand here? I followed the link to Jess' showcase, but I do not see a file download. What am I missing?

[&:]

You have to log in to the Depot as a member first. The download links do not appear until you do so.

BTW - great work Jess! I think I've got two scenarios left to go on this one.
The street crossing and the assembly hall have proved most challenging!

With so few units on the playing field, their individual strenghts really shine through!

Cheers!
[sm=party-smiley-012.gif][sm=party-smiley-012.gif]

Goblin -> RE: A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (12/4/2004 10:07:12 PM)

Very fast playing! Close quarters action at its best! Very nice Jesster!

Goblin

M4Jess -> RE: A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (12/5/2004 4:09:48 AM)

WOW!

coming from KNomad and a Goblin...thanks! [&o]

KNomad -> RE: A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (12/5/2004 4:15:41 PM)

Finished it!

3 Marginals, 9 Decisives, 36 score for a Draw?!

That poor machinegunner had a helleva time staying alive - like a magnet for infiltrators or something!
Next time through I think I'll upgrade the A0 to a mortar for a little extra firepower.

Worst game was when my A0 got capped by a 50mm mortar.

Again, good job Jess! [sm=00000436.gif]

SU100 Brad -> RE: A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (12/7/2004 3:32:29 AM)

I'd like to download this campaign.

Can someone provide me the link please?

Thanks.

B

IBTyrone -> RE: A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (12/7/2004 4:35:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: M4Jess

NOW POSTED AT

http://spwaw.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=39063&sid=72c17bf14f68c448b627eaa297981bd2#39063

Degen and Brad,

This link above works, but you have to be a member of spwaw.com forums to be able to download scenarios from their site. Took me awhile to figure that out myself. Once you register, the scenarios show up.

M4Jess -> RE: A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (12/8/2004 12:30:35 AM)

Now posted here!

http://www.wargamer.com/gamesdepot/

SU100 Brad -> RE: A Stalingrad Campaign by M4 Jess (12/8/2004 2:42:48 AM)

Ta, Mate!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI