Mid November / December Update! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Marshall Ellis -> Mid November / December Update! (11/21/2004 10:08:50 PM)

Hello all:

Twas the week before Thanksgiving and all through the house: Not much was different except we're still testing with the mouse!

I wanted to drop an update since with the holidays, many of you will be out eating, visiting family and maybe not able to get on the internet. Well, I don't think it is any mystery that we will probably not be done by this Christmas. My apologies guys but our testing is slowing down and we've even lost a few testers to the normal attrition. This is a VERY TOUGH project to test and many have been at it for longer than a year and a half. I thank all of those who are still with us and even the ones who cannot since I know that they would be with us if they could. This is why we're calling for more testers to finish this up.

I cannot stress how close we are and how tough this is for the team to miss, what we thought, was a very doable finish line of Christmas 2004! I also want to thank you all for your patience in waiting for this thing to become self-aware! Most of you have shown an incredible amount of understanding on these forums. More than I probably could have!

Again, thanks to all and please have a happy and safe Thanksgiving!

EIA...2005!

Thank you

ktotwf -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (11/21/2004 10:56:31 PM)

Hey, as long as the game has very few bugs when it does come out, all is forgiven.

donkuchi19 -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (11/22/2004 2:52:41 AM)

Keep it up Marshall. We just want a great game with no problems.

denisonh -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (11/22/2004 3:15:30 AM)

Thanks for the update Marshall.

I don't want a coaster for Christmas.[:D]

Keep up the work and give us a gem.

Kyllyr -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (11/22/2004 12:15:09 PM)

Marshall, as you can see I don't post much here, nor am I a turely experience EiA player. I played a couple games with a group that got together just for EiA. There were some interenal dynamics of the group that destined the group to fall apart; however we did play for over a year on a weekly basis. I fell in love with the dynamics of this game.

While we were playing, I caught the press release about Matix Games getting the rights to develope EiA for the computer. Since then I have regularly check your website, and this forum (twice a week when busy, nightly when not). From what I have seen on these boards I am impressed with your desire to put out a "Truely" finised project. Especially with the product being this close to completion, a lot of companies would ship it for Christmas sales with the intent to patch it later to fix the last few bugs. My hat is off to you and the rest of the staff at Matix Games.

eg0master -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (11/23/2004 2:27:26 PM)

Guess I have to modify my wish list to santa...
Maybe we can expect something other than candy in our easter eggs?

Madcombinepilot -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (11/23/2004 9:03:35 PM)

As I have said, so long as you guys are making the best damn game you can make, and not just slapping product on the shelf for profit, I am content to wait.

I will still help with the playtesting if you want ;)

ardilla -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (11/24/2004 8:02:42 PM)

Well, this post is very sad for all of us, who we were expecting the game for X-mas, but in the other side tells a lot about MG well doing.

As other forum mates had said, I am glad that MG doesnt want to take some pseudo-game, with many nice grafics and many many bugs, patch after patch, to make a X-mas sale.

Again, congratulations for your work and for your sincerity all of you at MG.

Keep up the good work, we still have our old boardgame to enjoy and we will wait for it.
Hope CEiA will be a legend as EiA it is.

Regards.

Norden_slith -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (11/25/2004 9:57:22 AM)

I agree, we'll just hang around here a while longer...

Btw, my wife and kids asked me to say thank you for not releasing before christmas.

Norden

1LTRambo -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (11/27/2004 8:59:11 PM)

[:(] Ohhh this is such sad news. I was really hoping to get started over the Christmas break. However, I know you guys will put out a quality product.[&o] But Hey, wasn't somebody mentioning a release as the 200th anniversary[sm=00000117.gif].

kc_chiefs -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (11/29/2004 7:06:07 AM)

Really looking forward to this game. Keep us posted as much as you can.

layforce -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (11/30/2004 7:17:10 PM)

3 great Napoleonic games coming out at the same time: Empires in Arms, Cossacks2 and Imperial Glory [:)]

Roads -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (11/30/2004 7:35:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 1LTRambo

But Hey, wasn't somebody mentioning a release as the 200th anniversary[sm=00000117.gif].

Isn't the 200th anniversary this Thursday?

ardilla -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (11/30/2004 8:17:44 PM)

Not, probably they are talking about the 21st of october, 1805, Trafalgar??

Regeurk -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (12/1/2004 7:40:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ardilla

Not, probably they are talking about the 21st of october, 1805, Trafalgar??

Or Austerlitz, Dec. 2, 1805? But that's too far away. I prefer to hope this game will be ready for the 200th anniversay of the formation of the Third Coalition (Austria, Britain, Russia) on June 17, 1805. That gives Matrix six months to play-test, and then, WE'RE OFF!

Roads -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (12/1/2004 10:32:50 PM)

Or the 200th anniversary of the start of EiA, January 1 1805?

donkuchi19 -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (12/1/2004 11:09:43 PM)

It was posted as a joke because others were asking if it was the 200th anniversary of the end of the Napoleonic Wars which would put the release in 2015. (That leaves only 11 years to playtest)

Kikka -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (12/1/2004 11:34:00 PM)

there's also a good game (in concept, art is a bit stodgy at this point), histwar (at histwar.com). So that's 4 nappies due out soon!

Pippin -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (12/2/2004 9:33:15 PM)

quote:

3 great Napoleonic games coming out at the same time: Empires in Arms, Cossacks2 and Imperial Glory

The famouse player Pippin, a great EiA player, was not very impressed with the game Cossacks. :P

1LTRambo -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (12/2/2004 11:58:44 PM)

What did you not like about Cossacks? I have been told that it is a good game and that I should buy it. Is it worth the $?

mariovalleemtl -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (12/3/2004 5:41:34 AM)

2 dec. 1804, 200 years today.

Vive L'Empereur !

EarlPembroke -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (12/6/2004 1:26:53 AM)

Well, Cossacks isn't exactly a grand strategy game. It's more in the line of being an RTS.

Pippin -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (12/8/2004 11:42:31 AM)

quote:

What did you not like about Cossacks? I have been told that it is a good game and that I should buy it. Is it worth the $?

I do not know where to start. But my question is, who told you it was a good game?

mattbirra -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (12/17/2004 12:52:57 AM)

Uhmmm a good game... that's the point ..
I´ve been playing wargames for 20 years (hope it becames 60 more [:'(]) and it is hard too say whats a good game ...
To me a good game is the one that every time you play it, the game changes, i mean, i dont like linear games where you have to follow always the same steeps to win ... I enjoy those who become a new game every time you play it ... and of course closest to real life as possible BUT not making an impossiblerulebooktokeepinmindgame ... thats why EiA has become one of the greatest, not because it is a Napoleonic simulation... but because you cant control your destiny ...

Marshall Ellis -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (12/18/2004 3:23:18 PM)

Hey all:

EiA is the ultimate game where your friends/enemies can determine your fate more so than your amies! The humans end up being the random number generator and make the game different. Play with different people or mix up the countries and you'll see an almost totally different game!

Good game. Original rules tend to be a little vauge and open to much interpretation (believe me I know this now :-)

My 2 cents...

gazfun -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (12/20/2004 9:29:52 AM)

Yes and Im glad there is going to be a PC version of this game, cause I see too much talk about the rules and not enough action with play, by the boardgame version. I just want the bloody game tommorrow, if that ok [:D]

1LTRambo -> RE: Mid November / December Update! (12/22/2004 10:05:19 PM)

Thanks, I guess I will stay away from this one. However, my friend was not too far off, because he told me about Europa Universalis and that is a really good game.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI