where is my Hiyo carrier ? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Mathusalem -> where is my Hiyo carrier ? (11/22/2004 11:28:36 AM)

I was building CV Hiyo, accelerated. For now 3 days, the computers tells me, at the end of turn, that the Hiyo has arrived in Tokyo. But when I look in Tokyo, there is no Hiyo. And when I look at ship's availability, the Hiyo is no more présent there. So, where is she ? For other ships, I had not this problem. Maybe it's because I accelerated the production. Will she come back ? I don't know if it is a bug or if it comes from a rule that I don't know.

michaelm75au -> RE: where is my Hiyo carrier ? (11/22/2004 12:02:38 PM)

Are you running version 1.3? A problem with accelerated production was fixed in it.
Michael

Mathusalem -> RE: where is my Hiyo carrier ? (11/22/2004 12:37:54 PM)

No, it's only 1.2.1
Shall I lose my savegame if I download version 1.3 ? If I have to begin a newgame, I rather stay with 1.2 until I finish.
If I stay with 1.2, to avoid loosing the other accelerated ships, maybe I can put back at normal rate the other accelerated ships a few days before they are ready ?

michaelm75au -> RE: where is my Hiyo carrier ? (11/22/2004 12:45:29 PM)

Your save game wont be affected.
Most of the changes (except for OOB) should take affect when you update to v1.3

To get full benefit you need to start a new game under v1.3

Michael

MadmanRick -> RE: where is my Hiyo carrier ? (11/22/2004 4:22:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Mathusalem

No, it's only 1.2.1
Shall I lose my savegame if I download version 1.3 ? If I have to begin a newgame, I rather stay with 1.2 until I finish.
If I stay with 1.2, to avoid loosing the other accelerated ships, maybe I can put back at normal rate the other accelerated ships a few days before they are ready ?

Switching to 1.3 now will not fix the missing Hiyo problem. That carrier will remain lost until you begin a new game. My suggestion is that you abandon this game and begin again. Yes, I know you are reluctant to do so, however I am not sure anyone truly KNOWS what effect you will get with 1.3 rules on a 1.21 saved game. If you choose to continue this particular game, then I suggest that you micromanage your accelerated ships and switch them back to normal a minimium of 3 days before they are due. Good luck.

Rick

Mathusalem -> RE: where is my Hiyo carrier ? (11/22/2004 5:53:28 PM)

I shall not abandon this game. War in the Pacific is a very long game. It takes me one week real life to play one month in the game. I'm already 47 years old and would like to finish the game before the children of my grand children push me out of the computer to old people's house. Now, things become interesting: I just put a foot in India, conquering Madras after a hard fight and some transports lost from coastal guns. I will manage without the Hiyo and be careful to come back to normal rate when Musashi is a few days from arriving.

MadmanRick -> RE: where is my Hiyo carrier ? (11/22/2004 5:56:28 PM)

quote:

I shall not abandon this game. War in the Pacific is a very long game. It takes me one week real life to play one month in the game. I'm already 47 years old and would like to finish the game before the children of my grand children push me out of the computer to old people's house. Now, things become interesting: I just put a foot in India, conquering Madras after a hard fight and some transports lost from coastal guns. I will manage without the Hiyo and be careful to come back to normal rate when Musashi is a few days from arriving.

I had a game against the Ai in which I "lost" the Shoho to this bug and I chose to continue it (although this was pre-1.3), so I know your reluctance. All I can say is good luck and fortunately it wasn't the Zuikaku or Shokaku!

Rick

Xargun -> RE: where is my Hiyo carrier ? (11/23/2004 12:02:59 AM)

quote:

You can still update to 1.3 and avoid further problems with lossing ships. Updating to 1.3 will still allow your game to continue, but you will get the benefits of the fixed bugs - just the OOB changes will not occur... I would recommend it so you don't have to worry about losing ships and other bugs that are fixed.

Xargun

pompack -> RE: where is my Hiyo carrier ? (11/23/2004 12:49:14 AM)

Backup to a save just before the Hiyo disappeared and change to 1.3

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI