Losing Your A0 Unit (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> SP:WaW Training Center

KG Erwin -> Losing Your A0 Unit (11/25/2004 3:30:17 AM)

I had the ignominious experience of losing my A0 in a campaign battle against the AI. The weather was clear, and my force was in a delay mode. On the second turn, the enemy deployed not one, but two fighter bombers over the area my HQ was located. Airstrikes have tremendous splash effects, and my HQ was destroyed. This is the first time it's ever happened, but now I know it IS possible. Needless to say, I considered the campaign over, with a complete defeat at the hands of the lowly AI. This was indeed a humbling experience. [:o]

Poopyhead -> RE: Losing Your A0 Unit (11/26/2004 5:30:14 PM)

Japanese air attacks are often brutal. I had considered "upgrading" my USMC A0 to a larger 10-man squad to increase survivablity, or even to some kind of bunker. The Japanese can come out of nowhere in the jungle.

Goblin -> RE: Losing Your A0 Unit (11/26/2004 5:36:11 PM)

My A0 unit is too pretty to worry about it.[8D] Even the Japanese recognize pretty when they see it.[:'(]

Goblin

Flyboy -> RE: Losing Your A0 Unit (11/26/2004 7:47:55 PM)

I usually upgrade my AO to a tracked FO at the first opportunity - that way, I'm never without a FO in contact with my AO.

I also use a regular FO as a weapons platoon commander - I reassign all MGs, mortars and LMGs to one unit. Not sure if this has an impact on their rally, but it makes it easier to organize.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI