Neutralizing Coastal Defense Guns (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

dereck -> Neutralizing Coastal Defense Guns (12/14/2004 9:15:53 PM)

Can air strikes neutralize Coastal Defense guns (by ground or port attacks?) or will only shore bombardment by naval forces achieve that goal?

I have about 493 fighter, fighter/bombers, dive bombers and level bombers stationed in the Solomons and if I can neutralize coastal defense guns by air then my aircraft are REALLY going to be paying the Japanese a lotmore visits than they are already.

Kereguelen -> RE: Neutralizing Coastal Defense Guns (12/14/2004 9:26:11 PM)

Yes, they can (come close to neutralizing port defenses)[;)]. Seems that port attacks work best for this purpose.

dereck -> RE: Neutralizing Coastal Defense Guns (12/14/2004 9:30:03 PM)

Which one would work? Ground Attack or Port Attack? If I send a bombardment task force there the Coastal Defense guns would fire back. I can send aircraft to do the damage with far less loss (on MY side [:D])

tsimmonds -> RE: Neutralizing Coastal Defense Guns (12/14/2004 9:35:16 PM)

Port attack.

ckk -> RE: Neutralizing Coastal Defense Guns (12/15/2004 2:49:53 AM)

Port attack and capital ships only or you will get your dd's smashed. Port bombing really requires 4E planes. 1 and 2E take a very long time to do anything at a port 4 or bigger.

dereck -> RE: Neutralizing Coastal Defense Guns (12/15/2004 3:29:41 AM)

Oh I have PLENTY of those in the Solomons too. I've been bombing the beejeesus out of Rabaul from both the Solomons and New Guinea *evil chuckle*

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI