The Worst Terrain You've Fought On? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

KG Erwin -> The Worst Terrain You've Fought On? (12/18/2004 9:17:21 PM)

In playing Pacific battles, I've seen my share of jungle and ugly islands, but today the random map is one of the worst battlefields I've ever enountered. The map is narrow, and I'm advancing towards an enemy delaying force. There's a stream that flows northwest to south, clear across the map. In several places the stream is bordered by open swampland, in some places 300 yards wide. In these areas there is no cover whatsoever, and my Marines have to muck their way across. The Japanese are in jungle-covered high ground behind the stream, with some beautiful fields of fire. This reminds me of some of the terrain as described in accounts of the New Britain or Bougainville campaigns. It's festering/stinking swamp and thick jungle--the only thing missing are the mosquitos, snakes and crocodiles. Who would want to fight for such a god-forsaken piece of ground? [X(]

What about you guys?

robot -> RE: The Worst Terrain You've Fought On? (12/18/2004 10:58:59 PM)

The fozen wastelands of Korea. A real **** hole what with frost bite and the constant chatter of your teeth. Never any real sleep. Cant sleep when your constantly shaking.

KG Erwin -> RE: The Worst Terrain You've Fought On? (12/18/2004 11:31:15 PM)

Wow, robot, I'd forgotten you've seen the real thing. I was talking about in-game. I certainly feel humbled now. [&o]

Bladrian -> RE: The Worst Terrain You've Fought On? (12/19/2004 8:41:41 AM)

Southern Angola in the rain season. Tne shanas have thick grass, taller than your head, and they muffle sound - some are a kilometer or more across. Get out of them and into the trees and bush, and visibility becomes even more limited. When you hit a contact, quite often the first indication is AK's and RPD's opening up from 5 or 6 meters away.

Gets your attention real fast.

BIASEDHISTORIAN -> RE: The Worst Terrain You've Fought On? (12/20/2004 9:55:04 PM)

I am planning to release the scenario "Frozin Chosin" after the holidays. It includes a new map, "Chosin Reservoir", which I can assure you through testing is the worst map that I have every moved units on :)

Your visibility is 4 hexes in the few places you can get an open field of fire. It is composed entirely of cliffs, rocks, boulders, and mixed elavation. Oh there is that little trail going from Yudam to Hagaru...of course there are a few Chinese interested in that road too :)

Being a Marine, Korea has always been my favorite field of study, as it was our finest engagement. I can also tell you that this is the only scene that I have played (tested) were the rate of fire is so intense that your Marines are loading their last clips by move six...that is where it gets really interesting!

Semper Fi!
Kayak

RockinHarry -> RE: The Worst Terrain You've Fought On? (12/22/2004 5:15:28 PM)

worst terrain fought on? Surely on of my custom maps...[:D] Check Ardennes 44 of mine and you see that terrain in SPWAW can be an enemy too![;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI