Final Countdown (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Scenario Design

sacorsair -> Final Countdown (12/23/2004 10:50:07 AM)

OK we have all seen this movie the USS Nimitz on 12/7/41 I was just wondering if anyone at all would want to consider this as a Mod? Merry Christmas to everyone and Happy New Year. Besides the game I really do enjoy reading all the post and want to thank all of you for supporting all of our addiction in wargamming.

[image]local://upfiles/13301/Bz784013349.jpg[/image]

rhohltjr -> RE: Final Countdown (12/23/2004 3:51:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sacorsair
[image]local://upfiles/13301/Bz784013349.jpg[/image]

Don't think that "Final Countdown" would interest the guys that play the Japanese side
exclusively. That would entail a huge amount of data generation and replacement including
all the related artwork for a modern carrier battle group. Would you set up the scenario to
have the Nimitz BG perform a pre-emptive Pearl Harbor saving strike or wait until PH had taken
place and then sink all the Japanese ships?

Since you are a [&o]Tigercat fanboy[&o], do you perhaps have Witp style top and side view pics?

2ndACR -> RE: Final Countdown (12/23/2004 5:20:14 PM)

Only the Nimitz made it thru the time warp. I would (as a japanese player) love the opportunity to put a Nimitz class CVN on the bottom of the ocean.[:D]

rhohltjr -> RE: Final Countdown (12/23/2004 7:40:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 2ndACR

Only the Nimitz made it thru the time warp. I would (as a japanese player) love the opportunity to put a Nimitz class CVN on the bottom of the ocean.[:D]

Oh yeah. You are correct. Suppose it would matter how close you were to KB when you pop out
of the storm/anomaly/warp. Still rather like my chances in Nimitz. How fast can those [sm=00000106.gif]CIWS be reloaded?

kellyc -> RE: Final Countdown (12/23/2004 8:53:51 PM)

A email group I belong to played this scenario out using Harpoon rules, end result was less then appealing to the Japanese. Last time I looked in several Japanese carriers were under attack from a Alfa Strike and were burning.
I would imagine Yamamoto was preparing to off himself in shame. All the US needs to do is get off that one strike and it's over.
The Japanese couldn't counter the ever growing technological Allied force in the real war, what makes you think they could do it against a modern CV?

Happy Holidays
Kelly

Hornblower -> RE: Final Countdown (12/23/2004 11:38:04 PM)

assuming that the IJN would even get in range of the Nimitz. I think the A-6's kinda outrange a Kate. Now, once the first strike is over, where the heck do you get replacement sidewinders and the like?[&:]

steve99x -> RE: Final Countdown (1/21/2005 9:29:36 PM)

There's a very cool boxed game out there called "Carrier"... I forget who produced the game... it's a solitaire dice/hex/chit game (very well done, featuring scenarios of the major carrier and surface battles of the time) that I used to play incessantly!
It features that very scenario... it's obviously a blow-out, but it's a fun way to break up the typical heavily planned campaign!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI