Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

M4Jess -> Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/5/2005 4:47:42 PM)

w00t!

Happy Birthday my friend!

Jess

RockinHarry -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/5/2005 6:12:11 PM)

Happy birthday kunel![:)]

Resisti -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/5/2005 6:43:28 PM)

Happy BDay, Kunel !!

Marc von Martial -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/5/2005 6:45:38 PM)

Happy happy Birthday Bill !!

KNomad -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/5/2005 7:04:05 PM)

Happy Birthday Bill!

Thanks for all the great work you've done with SPWAW, and all the other projects you've been involved with.

[sm=bow.gif]

KG Erwin -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/5/2005 7:09:10 PM)

Happy birthday wishes to you, Bill. [:)]

Huffy -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/5/2005 11:44:36 PM)

Happy Birthday my friend....best of health to you....
Huffy

Warrior2 -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/6/2005 1:35:24 PM)

Seems like that last one was just last week. What happened to 2004? Happy B-Day, Bill.

cadmus -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/6/2005 5:15:22 PM)

And yet one more bouquet of wishes for a very happy birthday and many, many more, from just one of the legions for whom you have provided hours and hours and hours of gaming fun, frustration, intellectual stimulation and education. Thanks from all of us!

mamnich24 -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/6/2005 10:07:07 PM)

Yes Bill,
Happy Birthday! We love your scenario design, historical research, and friendship.
Mike[:)]

Baneman -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/6/2005 11:44:31 PM)

Hope you have a happy one Bill !

There can be no higher honour than knowing you've stolen thousands of man-hours from people all around the planet ... and we're grateful !

[&o]

KNomad -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/6/2005 11:54:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baneman

There can be no higher honour than knowing you've stolen thousands of man-hours from people all around the planet ... and we're grateful !

Now there's an understatement. [:D]

pepek -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/7/2005 2:51:57 AM)

happy b-day and thx for the loads of fun and frustration i owe u.

[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]

mogami -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/7/2005 5:27:12 AM)

Happy B-Day WB. Many more.

robot -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/7/2005 5:48:55 PM)

I was one of the lucky ones to meet wild Bill. Congrats on makin another one Bill. Many more to you friend if I may call you friend. Happy Birthday.

Randy -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/9/2005 3:00:21 AM)

[:D]Happy belated Birthday Wild Bill!! You're truly a veteran here! You probably have more knowledge than all of us put together!! Take care, and Semper Fi!

Wild Bill -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/10/2005 2:25:31 AM)

As I read through these very kind greetings and accolades that far exceed my efforts, I smile as I read each name. You are all special guys. The things we have done together are always warm memories for me.

A few heroes are missing from this list of dignitaries and I hope that they too are doing well, wherever they are.

Indeed, the thousands of hours spent doing the work was well worth it, knowing from your testimony that is has provided challenge and entertainment for you.

This magnificent game has been "my baby" for nearly 10 years now, since the beta testing of the original Steel Panthers. Its still my favorite.

Well, I've taken a year of rest and I think I must once again get to doing what I enjoy so much, some more scenario design. Of course, there are so many gifted guys out there already doing them that I spend more time playing than I ever did before.

I thank all of you for these greetings. They are warmly received and will be kept by me.

The Kunel
===================

KG Erwin -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/10/2005 2:43:41 AM)

Bill, I'm very happy that you are starting to "feel the itch" again. You know what we want, whether it's under the umbrella of Matrix or done independently. Dare I even mention the possibility? [:)]

Wild Bill -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/10/2005 2:44:57 AM)

Thanks for the encouragement, Gunny!

Any ideas for some new ones, guys?

WB

KG Erwin -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/10/2005 3:59:15 AM)

Bill, for a scenario or even a mini-campaign, the Cape Gloucester (New Britain) campaign--this one has been neglected in the saga of the "Old Breed", the 1st Marine Division.

I still will hold with an ultimate dream 1st Marine Division "Old Breed" Mega-Campaign, from Guadalcanal to Okinawa. An alternative would be the 4th Marine Division, who went straight from formation on the west coast into combat at Roi-Namur, Saipan and later Iwo Jima. For that matter, ANY of the six Marine divisions would be worthy of consideration.

Wild Bill -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/15/2005 7:22:06 PM)

If I or another gamer did it, it would have rather minimal appeal. Most folks go for East Front and tanks...lots of tanks! [X(]

But for those of us with an almost inordinate passion for the Pacific - WW2, it does have special appeal.

In another gaming system from John Tiller, I did two games with him on the Pacific. It has a lot of good Pacific fighting. The system is simplistic and the graphics could be better but the engine that runs it is great.

Some of that work and study on particular battles could easily be brought into the SPWAW format. In fact some of the same Pacific scenarios I was able to do in both games.

Food for thought, Gunny. Thanks...WB

Randy -> RE: Happy Birthday Wild Bill! (1/17/2005 8:05:04 AM)

Wild Bill how about some scenarios regarding the Burma Campaign, or how about the Aleutian Campaign? They aren't always thought of when covering the PTO, but could be interesting as a new theater for us. Just food for thought.
Semper Fi

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI