newbie question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Korsun Pocket

bigmed1204 -> newbie question (1/7/2005 6:13:57 AM)

Just wondering if there was somthing in particular one needed to do in order to take a town, or if you just kind of roll your forces in. Seems strange to me that I have busted a hole in the Axis lines and rolling through various cities and yet they seem to be kicking my butt in victory points. Although this is my first wargame and I may suck so bad that I can't even tell I am losing my arse. Any help will be appreciated. also if there is any advice or anything and of the VPs around here would like to give I would be very thankful. Currently trying to play through the big campaign vs. computer. just got the game so I haven't nabbed any email contacts yet. thanks again.

bigmed

pterrok -> RE: newbie question (1/7/2005 4:48:34 PM)

You do just move into or through an objective to take it. Not all towns are objectives--press 'i' to see which ones are objectives. Then investigate them by right-clicking on them and looking at the points schedule--it may be that you took an objective town, but too late to get any points! But as Allies you also start down a lot of points since you are expected to get a LOT of objectives and/or kills over the 48 turns.

You also want to note who gets the Alert Points; as Allies you DON'T want to take the objectives in the SE unless you know what you're doing since they release so many replacements/reinforcements to the Axis.

Read the articles in my sig, but then go on over to the offical SSG site at http://www.ssg.com.au and you can find a LOT more ideas and articles on KP as well as BiN in the Discussion forum, and you should join the PBEM ladder to make your email games (when you get tired of the AI!) even more meaningful!

darth_tyrannus_1 -> RE: newbie question (3/29/2005 10:26:52 PM)

to take a city and hold it is to move a unit into a city especially armoured units and stay in the city.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI