Best altitude for level bombers (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

tsarnicholas -> Best altitude for level bombers (1/14/2005 9:53:03 PM)

What is the best altitdue for level bombers at attack at? The rules say that 6000 ft or higher is best, so is 6000 ft most accurate? I realise more flak will occur at lower levels.

Mr.Frag -> RE: Best altitude for level bombers (1/14/2005 10:12:40 PM)

Depends on the flak really.

If there is lots of flak, 15k will produce better long term results.

If not, 6k will be more effective.

I generally start high and work them down based on the damage done. Remember that the guys getting killed are the engineers, support and AA when you see losses when bombing a airfield/port.

kaleun -> RE: Best altitude for level bombers (1/14/2005 10:29:46 PM)

Follow up on the above question: Do Flak units recover effectiveness after being bombed? How do they do so?

Mr.Frag -> RE: Best altitude for level bombers (1/14/2005 11:40:49 PM)

quote:

Do Flak units recover effectiveness after being bombed? How do they do so?

If there is enough support and supply yes, but the very thing that you are hitting is the support and supplies that make this possible [;)]

DrewMatrix -> RE: Best altitude for level bombers (1/15/2005 1:26:45 AM)

In general (see below) I like 6000 feet for twin engine level bombers and 11000 feet for 4 engine (as the allies).

If there is a lot of flak, as Frag says, I go higher.

If I have B-17s vs Zeros a trick is to go above the Zero's max altitude. I don't get many hits, but the Zero's can't hurt me, I don't lose planes and I gain experience.

If I have high experience (>80 say) I may set anti shipping lvl bombers to 100. Not 4 engine (too expensive). And I set them to naval attack/rest because I don't want to lose 25 B-25s to Flak if they should take on an airbase.

Central Blue -> RE: Best altitude for level bombers (1/15/2005 6:04:43 AM)

I like flying at 1000 feet if Im hunting ships. The Dutch pilots, with their Martin bombers, seem really good at this... even if it tanks their morale. After the US and Australian bombers work out on sub patrol, they're good to go for skip bombing.

JamesM -> RE: Best altitude for level bombers (1/15/2005 6:34:59 AM)

Mr Frag,

Thank you for that advice. Which target optioin is the best to target supplies; airfield, port or ground units.

Ta

Jim

Mr.Frag -> RE: Best altitude for level bombers (1/15/2005 7:52:36 AM)

Airfield targets supplies, support (hq, aa, eng), airfield, airfield support (ability to repair planes)

Port targets fuel, support (hq, aa, eng, cd), port (speed of unloading), ships

Ground targets ONLY 1 ground unit, leaving all the rest unmolested.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI