books (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Decisive Battles: Battles in Normandy

kmb -> books (1/22/2005 12:59:25 AM)

Just found about these wargames purchased bin...........and I am very lost .I am going through the tutorials now.Would like to get some books on this era that maybe would help with some tactics or just let me know more about this........thks.very new noob

Jaws_slith -> RE: books (1/22/2005 1:33:14 AM)

There are a lot of books written about Normandy. From the general overview to detailed battle reports. But to play this game you will have to look for a book who handles Battalion level and higher. I doubt that buying a book make you play the game better. What I do know is that the book from Max Hastings called ”Overlord”, and covers D-day and the Battle for Normandy and is in my opinion a very good book.
So if you are generally interested in Normandy this is a very good book to start.

Good luck

JSS -> RE: books (1/22/2005 2:10:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: kmb

Just found about these wargames purchased bin...........and I am very lost .I am going through the tutorials now.Would like to get some books on this era that maybe would help with some tactics or just let me know more about this........thks.very new noob

There's a thread at Run5 that lists some very good on line references you can access for free.

Starting out, the Osprey Series is very good for what you've mentioned (good overview of action, introduction of important commanders & units, plus some nice looking maps).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI