new vehicle I would like to see (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

bigjim -> new vehicle I would like to see (6/20/2000 12:40:00 AM)

I would like to see a "bridging vehicle" it could be like the barge carrier but it would put out a section of bridge and I can see many interesting senario's surrounding the building of the bridge. Just imagine the first truck drops it's bridge section and the second truck does the same, as the third truck starts to move it gets fire, etc etc... BigJim

Warhorse -> (6/20/2000 4:42:00 AM)

Hello, I had expereimented with this a couple of years ago with SP3. It was hard to work with, but I fear coding may be what would do the trick!! I may at least try to make the icon and unit again, see what happens! ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

schmoe -> (6/20/2000 4:54:00 AM)

An interesting idea, but I don't think game time would allow it. Unless I'm mistaken, even in '67 it took both Egyptian and Israeli armies several hours to put even a pontoon bridge across the Suez Canal. Same thing goes for repairing a bridge, unless you are talking about spanning destroyed roadbeds with footpaths for infantry.

Dave R -> (6/20/2000 5:57:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by schmoe: An interesting idea, but I don't think game time would allow it. Unless I'm mistaken, even in '67 it took both Egyptian and Israeli armies several hours to put even a pontoon bridge across the Suez Canal. Same thing goes for repairing a bridge, unless you are talking about spanning destroyed roadbeds with footpaths for infantry.
Shmoe's right on this point, tolay a pontoon, takes hours. But There is a roll for a bridge layer, for breaching anti tank gullys ect. So I can see a varient on the mine clearing tank, one that can breach an obstical

johnfmonahan -> (6/20/2000 8:34:00 AM)

Something along the lines on an Armored Vihicle Launched Bridge (AVLB) Basically a folding bridge on a tank chassis. I don't remember how long the were but they took only a few minutes to deploy. Don't know what WWII had.

Paul Vebber -> (6/20/2000 8:58:00 PM)

If you want to breach an AT ditch, buy a barge carrier, plunk the barge down in the AT ditch and bogey accross by loading and unloading the Barge. It is a little fast (being magically deployed in 1 turn) but if you really really want to make sure you don't get bogged down in streams or to breach AT ditches it works :-)

johnfmonahan -> (6/20/2000 9:34:00 PM)

How about a bridge vehicle in the OOB that has the same effect ? I don't have the sources for them or I would send them in myself.

Warhorse -> (6/20/2000 11:56:00 PM)

Hello, I'll unofficially see what I can do. I had made a set of icons a couple of years ago, may have to redo them, the use of them is exactly as Paul Vebber offered, a little cumbersome, but it works!! Stay tuned

Wild Bill -> (6/20/2000 11:58:00 PM)

Go Warhorse! Old Warhorse (Mike Amos) is the author of the new trains feature coming in version 2.0. His creativity is only matched by his artistic style. He loves a challenge. Why not? He is a Marine [img]http://www.matrixgames.com/ubb/wink.gif[/img] The Kunel ------------------ In Arduis Fidelis Wild Bill Wilder Coordinator, Scenario Design Matrix Games

bigjim -> (6/21/2000 1:48:00 AM)

Hoo RAh Warhorse BigJim

Warhorse -> (6/21/2000 2:04:00 AM)

Hey Kunel, so many good ideas, so little time..! This should prove interesting to do, just gotta give it another go, have been thinking of making one for awhile, then BigJim set me off, thanks Big Guy!!;-)Oh, I just last nite redid the phony looking British MK VIC, and made a version for the Besa armed one, and made an icon for the MK II!! Stand by... ------------------ Mike Amos Meine Ehre Heisst Treue

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI