Japanese pilot experience in Scen 19 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific

toraq -> Japanese pilot experience in Scen 19 (1/25/2005 11:01:15 PM)

Hi everyone,

I´m playing scen 19 as allies and I would like to know how good the replacement japanese pilots are. As I´m sure you know, in scen 19 Jap. pilots come with quite more XP than in any other scen.

Does anyone know the quality of japanese pilots in scen 19??

DoomedMantis -> RE: Japanese pilot experience in Scen 19 (1/26/2005 3:02:50 AM)

If they get chewed up you will still manage to get pilots with 30 experience, but if you look after them then they can come in at 50-60

anarchyintheuk -> RE: Japanese pilot experience in Scen 19 (1/26/2005 8:37:47 PM)

I hadn't noticed that the xp of the replacements is any better than in Scen. 17 for example, just that there are more of them before the xp starts to drop.

crsutton -> RE: Japanese pilot experience in Scen 19 (1/27/2005 10:24:33 PM)

The big factor is the rate at which you are losing pilots. If your losses are moderate then replacment pilots will come in at the 45 to low 50s level. However, if you have a massive air battle and replace a lot of pilots very fast, then you will see the bulk of them come in in the 20s range.

Even at the start of the game when some of the zero units are arriving as reinforcments but are not fleshed out. they might get some low quality pilots-especially if you get two or three units arriving withing a few days. Check it out. You might have a zero unit with 2/3 of the pilots with high ratings but get half a dozen as replacements that are in the 20s-giving you an overall average near 60. Best to train these units up carefully as heavy use will just kill off the low level pilots and cost you a lot of aircraft. Any pilot lower than 50 is a good chance to kill himself rather than the enemy.

Allied pilots almost always come in with a rating in the 50s-sometimes better. Unless, the losses have been very high.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI