Scenario 15, Historical difficulty (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports

Sgt.Ghost -> Scenario 15, Historical difficulty (1/28/2005 11:35:45 PM)

The date is 12/31/1942, new years eve and war in the pacific is allmost over... the rest is just a question of time. I actually don't think I'm playing this game to the end... when is exactly the end?? by date or by achievement ??

It's scenario 15 with historical difficulty with patch 1.4.
This game has lost it's challenging edge. At the random start, I lost 2 BB's in Pearl Harbor, not a good start... in mid '42 I lost a british CV and CVL providing air-cover for a small taskforce of AK's to a landbased air-attack. The british carrier-based Fulmar sucks big time.
Of the over 600 sunk japanese ships about 20-25 are sunk by subs, several ships including 2 japanese CVL's and 1 CVE is sunk in the ports of Tokyo and Osaka/Kobe.

I do enjoy that each unit is assigned to a specific Theatre of Operations and that you have to pay some political points to change thier assignment. I have an idea to improve this feature.

But first I have 2 examples of complete mis-use of political points:
1) A US Para div. assiged to USAFFE is placed on West coast. You pay over 1800 political points to change it's assignment before you can transport it to the Philippinse and then you again pay over 1800 political points to change it's assignment back to it's original one, thats a complete waste of political points [:(]
2) In my game I made a Dutch stronghold of only Dutch units i Tjilitjap (Java). It's easy accessible from the Indian Ocean. The port was re-supplied many times and I left about 40 small AK's in the habor in case of evac from Tjilitjap. The port withstood the japanese attack for a very long time but at the end the fortification was reduced by 1 by each japanese attack and I had to evac the Dutch out of there.
At one point I told one dutch soldier: get on this ship today or you're dead tomorrow!!! The solider told me that I dont have enough political points so he stayed and the next day he was dead [:(]

My improvment of each units assignment is:
There has to be a more specific distinction of the map, to ensure the right Theatre of Operations. You can freely sail each unit where you want to sail or air-lift it without changing the assignment (paying for it) but in case a unit is cough up / used in combat in a Theatre of Operation were it's not assigned to, then there is trouble...

Lets say that a unit is assigned to China Command and is used in the Southeast Asia Theatre of Operations, then this unit suffer from lack of communications etc. due to wrong assignment. This means that the unit fights with a max. of 80% of it's current strenght. The real bad thing is when it's re-supplied by the wrong Theatre of Operations. Each Theatre of Operation knows it's own units and will re-supply them at 100% or what is in it's pool. Wrong placed units will be re-supplied with left-overs if there are any left !!! In this case it could mean that this unit is re-supplied with only 30%. After a week of combat the unit is more or less worthless unless you pay political points to change it's assigment to the right Theatre of Operations. This would ensure right use of units in thier respectively assigned Theatre of Operatons and mis-use are very costly.....

[image]local://upfiles/7149/Zx723945600.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI