Land Combat? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> War Plan Orange: Dreadnoughts in the Pacific 1922 - 1930

Kobe for Prez -> Land Combat? (1/30/2005 10:29:27 PM)

How is land combat going to be handled? Is the WitP model going to be tweaked any?

By the way, is there a list of the LCU's included in the game available?

Tankerace -> RE: Land Combat? (1/30/2005 10:47:11 PM)

As far as I know, the land combat will not be tweaked. The land units are mostly the same from WitP,but maybe about 2/3rds as many. Also, All divisions, brigades, and regiments have been reorganized to a 1920's TO&E.

On the US side, The Division has been redone according to TO&E's suggested by General Pershing and as reorganized in 1921, the Brigade is introduced to the US forces, and Regimental Combat teams are replaced by Regiments of two battalions. USMC Divisions are fewer, and are replaced by Marine Brigades.

I reserached the LCUs as best as was possible from limited documents, but also I didn't touch it as much as I would have liked, to allow the AI to still cope with it better.

So far, there is not a list of LCU's available. I may do one before release if time permits, but if not I will complete it after release.

One thing you will notice is that US and British units are not all that well equipped for Pacific fighting. In reality, no one is, Japanes units being better suited to Russia or China. Still, that was a problem 1920's planners faced.

showboat1 -> RE: Land Combat? (2/1/2005 5:35:34 PM)

Hmmm...... putting the land units at a distinct disadvantage are we? I like it![8D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI