Marianas scenario (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> After Action Reports

riley555a -> Marianas scenario (1/30/2005 11:23:23 PM)

Has anyone here beaten the marianas scenario as the Japanese? it seems virtually impossible. Especially trying to beat the American fleet in air combat. I think I might try to keep the mobile fleet back as long as possible and have my pilots training day in and day out for 1-6 weeks or as long as possible, give them the best leaders and upgrade their planes, then try and beat the American air fleet...any suggestions?

Grotius -> RE: Marianas scenario (1/31/2005 1:33:32 AM)

Funny you mention this. I was playing around with this scenario head-to-head last night (against myself), and I couldn't find a good way to stop the USA from sailing up to Guam etc and bombarding, since the bombardment TFs are out of reach of the Zeke when they form up six hexes away. Seems like a tough go for Japan. Might be a good scenario to try as Japan vs the AI.

Honda -> RE: Marianas scenario (1/31/2005 1:57:18 AM)

You're doomed. But it's a great way to practice your duck and cover techniques you'll need as late-war Jap. Night naval attack, running from US ACTFs, crying for mommy etc.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI