SPS and beaches (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

KPAX -> SPS and beaches (2/3/2005 6:17:40 PM)

Can beaches expand both / either airfields or ports if they are at zero to start with ?

rtrapasso -> RE: SPS and beaches (2/3/2005 6:22:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KPAX

Can beaches expand both / either airfields or ports if they are at zero to start with ?

Are you speaking of "dot" hexes? If so, yes (theoretically) - but it takes a long time according to people who have tried it.

Nikademus -> RE: SPS and beaches (2/3/2005 6:28:48 PM)

any location can be built up to a maximum of 3 values over it's stated maximum (normal) build capacity, so with a SPS of 0, the max you can build it up too would be size 3.

KPAX -> RE: SPS and beaches (2/3/2005 7:48:49 PM)

so as an example, the small dots / beaches just E of Nouema, can those be build up to 3 port / airfield ?

PeteG662 -> RE: SPS and beaches (2/3/2005 7:53:40 PM)

If you click on the dot you can see what the size will be (normally zero) in which case they can be expanded to a size three. Some of the dots have a (1) or more in which case they can be expanded 3 above that number.

byron13 -> RE: SPS and beaches (2/3/2005 7:59:55 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rtrapasso

Are you speaking of "dot" hexes? If so, yes (theoretically) - but it takes a long time according to people who have tried it.

Yup. I'm trying to build up a dot hex for a relay airfield. I've got three engineers on the $*&#!! thing with plenty of supply, and I'm only getting something like 2% or 3% a day built. I was hoping that things would speed up once I built a level one port or maybe all facilities combined were three or more, etc. Maybe not. Regardless, yes, you can build on a dot hex, but the going is much slower than in a hex that started as a base.

tsimmonds -> RE: SPS and beaches (2/3/2005 8:04:24 PM)

quote:

I was hoping that things would speed up once I built a level one port or maybe all facilities combined were three or more, etc.

If anything it will get even slower. I believe each level takes longer than the one before. And it takes longer than it normally would to build any level that is in excess of SPS.

Mr.Frag -> RE: SPS and beaches (2/3/2005 8:09:24 PM)

Getting from a 0 (0) to a 1 (0) takes a *LONG* time ... the 0 (0) has special meaning. It means the place is completely unsuited for being built up and takes 10 times as long as normal.

Not to be confused with a 0 (1) which will build normally to size 1 then slow down as it overbuilds.

Nikademus -> RE: SPS and beaches (2/3/2005 8:24:48 PM)

any time you try to build beyond the normal max rating for a location, it takes about 10 times longer than when building below or up too a max level rating.

example: Max port size =3 You try to build to size 4, allowable under the rules but since its over it's max rating for normal size, it'll take far longer to build vs when you were building from 2 to 3.

In the case of a size 0 max location....your already "at" the max rating for the location so building anything there will be a chore.

2ndACR -> RE: SPS and beaches (2/3/2005 10:43:35 PM)

As the Allies, you can do it by packing 10 seabee units on it with about 50,000 supply or more. They will take about 2 months to complete the task.

As the Japanese, forget it.

KPAX -> RE: SPS and beaches (2/3/2005 11:25:42 PM)

thanks everyone for the help

Nikademus -> RE: SPS and beaches (2/3/2005 11:29:14 PM)

Yes....a shame about that but not a game breaker. The Spoilage rule works very well but a cap on supply/fuel would be nice. Either that or diminishing returns on stacked ENG units.

ah well....i'm still a happy camper because now supply can be destroyed while aboard ships [;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI