AI Equipment (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

bbbf -> AI Equipment (2/11/2005 1:32:23 AM)

Just opened up an old save from my campaign against the AI Allies.

I noticed that most of the AI's LCU's have much better equipment than historically (or even compared with their TOE in game).

For instance, 37 mm AT guns are either 57's or 76's, 75 mm guns/howitzers are 105's, 2 pdr AA guns are 40 mm Bofors, etc.

Is this an in-game leg-up to the AI?

Not complaining, it needs plenty of help. Just curious.

rtrapasso -> RE: AI Equipment (2/11/2005 2:01:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bbbf

Just opened up an old save from my campaign against the AI Allies.

I noticed that most of the AI's LCU's have much better equipment than historically (or even compared with their TOE in game).

For instance, 37 mm AT guns are either 57's or 76's, 75 mm guns/howitzers are 105's, 2 pdr AA guns are 40 mm Bofors, etc.

Is this an in-game leg-up to the AI?

Not complaining, it needs plenty of help. Just curious.

This supposedly happens with the Japanese also. It also is not supposed to be limited to the AI. Someone was commenting about something similar that occurred with their 2nd Marine Division.

IIRC, it is supposed to be historical as some units had additional equipment attached. Once it is gone, it's gone - and the unit will revert to replacing to its TOE. TOEs will change during the game, however.

bbbf -> RE: AI Equipment (2/11/2005 2:08:51 AM)

I think this is different to the overmanning cf TOE mentioned.

This is on all the LCU's I checked.

Pretty sure it's a small cheat to help the AI.

Mr.Frag -> RE: AI Equipment (2/11/2005 3:03:32 AM)

quote:

Pretty sure it's a small cheat to help the AI.

Nope, there is no AI cheat of that sort ... only thing the ai cheats at is growing base units.

bbbf -> RE: AI Equipment (2/11/2005 3:19:18 AM)

Then what is all this equipment?

pry -> RE: AI Equipment (2/11/2005 3:45:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bbbf

Then what is all this equipment?

As new bigger and better equipment starts being produced the old stuff upgrades to the latest greatest... equipment upgrades just like aircraft and ships do...

bbbf -> RE: AI Equipment (2/11/2005 7:08:35 AM)

Sorry, don't buy it.

Every Allied LCU had much better equipment than their TOE indicated.

Even the completely isolated Chinese units.

michaelm75au -> RE: AI Equipment (2/12/2005 3:08:17 PM)

Lets be precise about what TOE we are discussing here.
Now the TOE that you see on the screen (by pressing Show TOE) DOES NOT change. According to the manual (pg 145 "Show unit TOE") the TOE on screen remains as at the start of scenario.
You don't "see" the actual TOE of the unit as the equipment upgrades but can infer it from what is shown on the unit information screen.
So you would expect, as the game progresses, to have the equipment of the unit to be better than what it started with.

Michael.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI