Help virus found, won't download pws files (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

medicff -> Help virus found, won't download pws files (2/15/2005 3:50:12 AM)

I have been trying to download my PBEM pws files from hotmail with trend micro virus scan and keeps saying "virus found"

Note: There is no cure available for the virus on the file witp006.pws

It will not allow me to download. I have seen this a couple of times lately but usually a few tries gets it past, now will not at all. Anyone else seen this or is using hotmail.

[:@][:@][:@]

Mr.Frag -> RE: Help virus found, won't download pws files (2/15/2005 6:15:07 AM)

What virus?

The file is pure data, there is no executable part that can be attached to so there is nothing for the virus to eat.

eMonticello -> RE: Help virus found, won't download pws files (2/15/2005 6:36:04 AM)

I would suggest asking your opponent to zip the file before sending it.

BraveHome -> RE: Help virus found, won't download pws files (2/15/2005 11:19:15 PM)

There appears to be a history with Hotmail and bogus virus found on things like photos, movies, text files, etc, beginning around December 2004. Don't know any more than that, sorry.

medicff -> RE: Help virus found, won't download pws files (2/16/2005 1:40:29 AM)

Yeah, I think it is hotmail only related. change to yahoo no problems. I have come across hotmail problems before but usually a couple of tries skips it by, even trying to upload. I emailed their support but will be using yahoo until they fix it. Much too annoying, delaying turns!!![:D][:D]

BraveHome -> RE: Help virus found, won't download pws files (2/16/2005 5:08:07 AM)

Be interested to know if eMonticello's Zip file suggestion works....

Mr.Frag -> RE: Help virus found, won't download pws files (2/16/2005 3:24:38 PM)

quote:

Be interested to know if eMonticello's Zip file suggestion works....

It generally will not as virus scanners look inside the zip. A false positive will be there zipped or not.

ChezDaJez -> RE: Help virus found, won't download pws files (2/20/2005 6:46:53 AM)

Had the same problem, Hotmail wouldn't download any attachments. The Trend virus program is the problem.

The fix is to use Outlook Express to open your messages. Deisgnate Hotmail as the mail server and your good to go. OE is much easier to use for attachments also. Uploading and downloading a witp002.wps file takes about 2 seconds. After its uploaded, hit send/recv and off it goes (a little longer than 2 seconds though)

Chez

Tankerace -> RE: Help virus found, won't download pws files (2/20/2005 7:31:49 AM)

Yeah, its hotmail. I tried to send my WPO project files to my self, to back it up incase it was lost. Needless to say, when it said a virus, I about said every swear in the book. Use yahoo instead, no problems there so far.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI