EMAIL GAMING (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

wnt2win -> EMAIL GAMING (2/16/2005 9:00:12 PM)

Please Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am playing by EMAIL for the first time. I understand about saving my turn and also sending my turn. But my opponent is requsting the REPLAY File 001 as well. Where do you find the REPLAY FILE ? Also he wants me to "winzip" the file as well. I do not know how to do this......I have version 1.21.....Thank You in advance.[:(]

rogueusmc -> RE: EMAIL GAMING (2/16/2005 9:37:49 PM)

It looks just like a save game in the same folder where ya got your game save to send to him.... witp001.pws is the file name for the replay he is requesting. I assume you are the Japanese?

mogami -> RE: EMAIL GAMING (2/16/2005 9:40:43 PM)

Hi, The file is already compressed. Zipping it does not make it any smaller.

2ndACR -> RE: EMAIL GAMING (2/17/2005 3:27:59 AM)

Create a new folder in the game save directory. Name the folder with your opponents name, copy the combat report, 001 file and your save file into the folder one at a time and then zip it up.

To zip, right click on the folder and choose compress. It will then zip the folder up and be ready to send out.

Zipping the files does not make them smaller, but it allows you to send out 1 file instead of 2 files. The file will be about 2.6 mb in size though.

wnt2win -> RE: EMAIL GAMING (2/17/2005 11:54:35 PM)

I have been able to save the player turn and give it a file name. However,[&:] I have not been able to save the combat save file 001. I am not sure I"am doing this correctly. How is this accomplished? Is the combat report the same as Combat Save File001? And why will it not save when I save the turn? I"m the Japanese player First player turn.

Thank You.

rogueusmc -> RE: EMAIL GAMING (2/18/2005 12:00:20 AM)

The combat save file is saved automatically in slot 1. Just send him witp001.pws and whatever game slot your game is saved in.

wnt2win -> RE: EMAIL GAMING (2/18/2005 12:00:54 AM)

witp001pws. (Combat Save)Is not showing the same time stamp, as well as not the scenario being played[&:] when I look in the Save game folder. However the player turn witp002pws. does show up as with the current time stamp and player turn. I"m the Japanese player. What i"m I doing wrong?

Thank You

Feinder -> RE: EMAIL GAMING (2/18/2005 12:03:55 AM)

Whenever you send a PBEM turn to an allied player, always send
a. The turn you have just completed.
b. The 001 file. Otherwise he doens't know what happened during the turn.

Be careful to send (or save) the 001 file, before running other turns (against another PBEM opponent, or even the AI). The 001 file is overwritten each time you run a turn. So if you run your PBEM turn, and create an 001 file, and then run a turn vs. the AI; it will over-write the file for your PBEM game.

-F-

If you've overwritten the 001 file for your PBEM game, you can just grab the file that your opponent sent you from your mail. Save that file. Then reload that file. It will recreate the 001 file for you. Just make sure that when you save the file from your inbox, that you don't overwrite whatever current file you might be working on.

adsoul -> RE: EMAIL GAMING (2/18/2005 12:06:09 AM)

witp0001.pws is automatically generated. Be aware you must press the End turn button when you've your turn done. Everything is explained in the manual you you can also look at http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=740847

2ndACR -> RE: EMAIL GAMING (2/18/2005 9:37:00 AM)

As soon as you click end turn and save the turn and the game kicks back to the main menu, exit the game. Go to the save directory and make a new folder with your opponents name. After the new folder is created, right click on the combat reports and choose copy, now paste that into the new folder. Repeat those steps for the 001 save and you turn save.

Then just right click on the new folder after all 3 files are in it and choose zip or compress and it will be ready to send.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI