Incorrect Upgrade Paths (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

blam0 -> Incorrect Upgrade Paths (2/18/2005 7:41:06 PM)

Hi,

I've got a PBEM game of Scen 15 (I believe...the BIG one) that seems to have issues with AC upgrade paths, particularly with British units. Specific examples are Blenheims that are set to upgrade to Hurricanes, Buffalos that will upgrade to Dakota I's, and Beaufort I's that will "upgrade" to Hudson I's.

It's become a pressing issue now that we are closing quickly on the end of April '42, and I'd like to start upgrading AC ASAP.

Is it correct that most B-17E units go to B-24J and not to "D" first?

Is this fixable?

Thanks,

Jon-Mark

PeteG662 -> RE: Incorrect Upgrade Paths (2/18/2005 8:05:15 PM)

The upgrade paths you mention are correct historically since the few squadrons with weird upgrades are what they actually upgraded to. There is no way to change those paths at the moment. You can always turn off those upgrades if they are not what you want to do.

I am not familiar with the B-17 goind to the J Liberator versus the D.

In other words what you are seeing is what is meant to be.

Mr.Frag -> RE: Incorrect Upgrade Paths (2/18/2005 8:16:36 PM)

Various group paths are hardcoded to follow historical paths and they do not follow the standard aircraft to aircraft tree.

Sometimes history is a pain. [;)]

blam0 -> RE: Incorrect Upgrade Paths (2/18/2005 9:03:21 PM)

If you say so [:)]

It just seemed odd to me to have Buffs upgrading to Dakotas, and LB's with decent legs "upgrading" to short ranged interceptors.

Is there an exp hit for changing from LBs to FBs?

Thanks for the replies.

Mr.Frag -> RE: Incorrect Upgrade Paths (2/18/2005 9:25:51 PM)

no xp hits

Yamato hugger -> RE: Incorrect Upgrade Paths (2/20/2005 2:08:12 PM)

Here is the problem with the British. They typically bled their squadrons white, merged them into other squadrons and then re-formed the squadron. And it seems pretty reuularly they did it with opposite types. ie a fighter squadron is disbanded and replaced by a bomber squadron. This is the reason for the "upgrade paths" as they are. Only "workable" solution I have found is turn off the upgrade on the squadrons you want to keep as what they are.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI