Japanese TKs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

hbrsvl -> Japanese TKs (3/5/2005 4:23:21 AM)

Hi-Playing US, scenario 15, 3/42. The Kiddo Butai is roaming around the Coral Sea. It is accompanied by several TKs. ?- Do Japanese TKs act as Allied AOs? IOW, are they able to replentish their TFs at sea? Thanks, Hugh Browne

ckk -> RE: Japanese TKs (3/5/2005 7:08:11 AM)

Rule 6.1.4.1. says that replenishment is a valid mission for a TK

hbrsvl -> RE: Japanese TKs (3/5/2005 4:58:44 PM)

OK, thanks. HB

pry -> RE: Japanese TKs (3/5/2005 5:20:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckk

Rule 6.1.4.1. says that replenishment is a valid mission for a TK

Actually that is an error in the manual, only AO's can be included in newly formed replenishment Task forces, Japanese TF-2 in the 12/41 scenarios is a special case as long as you don't ever disband this task force it will retain the ability to replenish ships at sea. You will never be able to create a new TF with TK's in it as a replenishment TF as TK's are not valid for this type of mission (either side).

ckk -> RE: Japanese TKs (3/5/2005 5:34:35 PM)

pry Thanks for going behind me and cleaning up[:D]

hbrsvl -> RE: Japanese TKs (3/6/2005 4:20:01 PM)

Ok, but after the response I took a TK TF, put to sea, brought an ASW TF into same hex & TK TF refueled the ASW at sea. HB

tsimmonds -> RE: Japanese TKs (3/6/2005 6:20:55 PM)

You can always refuel from a TK in a transport TF (or any other type of TF for that matter), it just won't happen automatically, as is supposed to happen in the case of a replenishment TF.

ckk -> RE: Japanese TKs (3/6/2005 10:06:22 PM)

maybe I should keep quiet here but whenever they are in the same hex and you punch the replenish at sea button a larger ship will always attempt to replenish a smaller one like CV' s and DD's. So the question is did the fuel come from the tankers cargo or it's own fuel bunkers?

pry -> RE: Japanese TKs (3/6/2005 10:46:22 PM)

Tankers cargo, what i said that folks don't seem to understand is that you can not select TK's for inclusion in a replenishment TF.

Ships can still fuel from Tk's if they are in transport TF's... was only talking about TK's in replenishment task forces..

hbrsvl -> RE: Japanese TKs (3/7/2005 4:23:28 PM)

Thanks, I didn't know about the automatic feature. Is there some manual reference I can check out the automatic feature? I'd like to know at what levels of fuel left the TF automatically refuels. Thanks again. HB

Halsey -> RE: Japanese TKs (3/7/2005 6:22:57 PM)

Will this bug be fixed?
Some Allied Trans TF's won't refuel their own tankers. Some will, some won't.
Don't tell me that no one else has seen this happening.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI