Japanese Problem with Fast Transport TF's (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

SoulBlazer -> Japanese Problem with Fast Transport TF's (3/8/2005 4:51:19 AM)

I've run into problem a couple times in a current PBEM game I'm doing where I'm the Japanese (Sec 4). Someone else who I am playing in another PBEM game (same sec) where HE is the Japanese player reported it happened to him in HIS game also. [&:]

Sometimes, when I form a Fast Transport TF and load it with troops, and tell it to run to a base, drop off it's units, and run back to base, the TF won't do that. Instead, when it arives at the base it was heading to, it changes to a Surface Combat TF, does'nt unload the troops, and heads back to home base. I can't even change the type of mission until it gets disbaned. [:@]

It happens sometimes but not always. In my game I had to try a FT TF mission to carry a Eng unit from Rabul to Buna THREE TIMES and it finally worked on the third try.

I can produce a save if asked. I do not know if the Allies have the same problem with their FT TF's.

Has anyone else had this bug? Does Matrix know about it? Anything we can do to avoid having it? Is it a known issue that will be fixed in version 1.5?

tsimmonds -> RE: Japanese Problem with Fast Transport TF's (3/8/2005 3:17:14 PM)

I have never seen this particular problem, but I have had other issues with FTTF. I find that when I do things in a certain order, my FTTFs all behave the way I want them to. You might try making sure always to do things in this order:

• Create your FTTF
  • Set its home port
  • Set its destination hex
  • Only after these other steps are done, load the units you are wanting to transport

It seems like the FTTF needs to know where it is going (more specifically, how far it is going) before it starts loading troops, in order to get itself squared away for the mission. It wants to aim itself at a hex one full-speed movement phase away from the DH, and it needs to know how many op points are going to be available.

Also, don't refuel while you are doing any of this; burning op points in any way=one more chance for the mission to go FUBAR. If you have to refuel, do it now and then wait until next turn to order the FT mission. Also, I always turn FTTFs into SCTF when they aren't actually transporting anything. I have convinced myself that they burn less fuel and incur less sys damage this way. But then, I have a very active imagination.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI