MLB 2006 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Jonesy22 -> MLB 2006 (3/11/2005 4:05:19 AM)

Any baseball fans in here?

Just got ahold of MLB 2006 and it's pretty good!
Very good graphics and gameplay...

Franchise is fun, going to love taking my Reds all the way!!!

Sarge -> RE: MLB 2006 (3/11/2005 4:19:15 AM)

Hi,

huge Cubs fan here, where I come from (Northside) Baseball is a religion.

Anyway if your looking for a Baseball sim try this**LINK**.
The sim is shareware with the option to purchase/donate,but not mandatory.

trip89 -> RE: MLB 2006 (3/28/2005 1:30:34 AM)

I have MLB 2006 for PS2, one of the most realistic baseball games for sure. The online ladder matches and customization add a lot to it as well.

OnlineRulz -> RE: MLB 2006 (4/6/2005 9:05:47 PM)

I dont know what you are saying but yes i have this game. It is nice. Now what the website is for the online content (yes you should mention the Online here this websit is about online games) The online game play is very nice. I like how you can set up a tournament without the help of a website. If you would want to set up a tournament say for Halo you have to have someone outside of the game to set it up. Very nice addition to the online content. The graphics are nice and the new pitching style i love. Have a good day!

KG Erwin -> RE: MLB 2006 (4/6/2005 10:55:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sarge

Hi,

huge Cubs fan here, where I come from (Northside) Baseball is a religion.

Anyway if your looking for a Baseball sim try this**LINK**.
The sim is shareware with the option to purchase/donate,but not mandatory.

Thanks for the link, Sarge. I've been playing the now freeware OotP 2, but Pure Sim sounds like the game I've been looking for. [:)]

Sarge -> RE: MLB 2006 (4/7/2005 4:48:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KG Erwin

Thanks for the link, Sarge. I've been playing the now freeware OotP 2, but Pure Sim sounds like the game I've been looking for. [:)]

Ootp2 is a damn good sim, but I am just a Pure sim nut case. Hands down the most realistic BBsim I have played, and I have played them all [;)]

KG Erwin -> RE: MLB 2006 (4/7/2005 5:36:43 AM)

Thanks for your message, Sarge, but I got the D/L and liked it so much I went ahead and bought it. This way I can get all the extra goodies and the updates. For $35 it was worth it. I just d/l the old ballpark paintings and they are beautiful. I also joined the forum. This is definitely the sim I've been looking for. [&o]

Sarge -> RE: MLB 2006 (4/7/2005 5:47:47 AM)

Glad I found a fan [;)]

donkuchi19 -> RE: MLB 2006 (4/8/2005 11:40:32 PM)

I will try it tonight when I get home. I always like the High Heat series in managerial mode. I would find and download the updated rosters. I loved that game. The other baseball games were arcade in comparison. Now that HH is gone, this looks like an excellent replacement.

KG Erwin -> RE: MLB 2006 (4/9/2005 12:29:28 AM)

donkuchi, here's the link for the PureSim forum : http://p089.ezboard.com/bpuresimbaseball

This game is for those who either want to build a long-term league history or replay a historical season. The interaction between the game and the extraordinary Lahman database makes this possible. Gamer-made mods for player faces and old time ballparks make this a very immersive experience. The in-game managerial decisions are not as extensive as other games, but all the essentials are there. You can't go wrong with d/l the shareware version, but the more people who buy the game, the better future versions will be.

I can't say enough about it. There's enough reports & stats to satisfy the most hard-core fan, and the graphics of the parks, with hit-paths shown, is just enough to keep it interesting. Don't expect animated players and all that other graphical puffery. It isn't needed. Shaun Sullivan has fulfilled my desire for a professionally-designed hard-core baseball sim, and I applaud his efforts.

donkuchi19 -> RE: MLB 2006 (4/9/2005 7:46:17 AM)

Downloaded it.
Played it.
Liked it.
Bought it.

It is exactly what I was looking for. The 2005 mods for rosters are already out there too!!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI