For those on the verge... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

yabba_dabba -> For those on the verge... (3/14/2005 3:06:37 AM)

Dear Matrix Forums

I am desperate for some help.

I recently upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 and found that the new program takes up a lot of space and valuable resources.
This wasn't mentioned in the product brochure. In addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself into all other programs and launches during system installation where it monitors all other system activity.

Applications such as Boys Night Out 2.5 and Footie 5.3 no longer run and crash the system whenever selected. Attempting to operate Saturday,War in the Pacific 6.3 always fails but Saturday Shopping 7.1 runs instead.

I cannot seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background whilst attempting to run any of my favorite applications.
I am thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0 but de-install doesn't work on this program.

Can you please help?
Joe

Dear Joe,

This is a very common problem resulting from a basic misunderstanding.

Many men upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 thinking that Wife 1.0 is merely a
UTILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT program. Whereas Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM designed by its creator to run everything.
You are unlikely to be able to purge Wife 1.0 and still convert back to Girlfriend 7.0 as Wife 1.0 is not designed to do this and it is impossible to de-install, delete or purge the program files from the system once installed.
Some people have tried to install Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but have ended up with even more problems (see in manual under Alimony/Child Support and Solicitors Fees).

Having Wife 1.0 installed myself I recommend you keep it installed and deal with the difficulties as best you can. When any faults or problems occur, whatever you think has caused them; you must run the
C:\I-APOLOGISE program and avoid attempting to use the 'Esc' key.
It may be necessary to run C:\I-APOLOGISE a number of times but hopefully eventually the operating system will return to normal.

Wife 1.0 although a very high maintenance program can be very rewarding. To get the most out of it consider buying additional software such as Flowers 2.0 and Chocolates 5.0.

Do not under any circumstances install Secretary with Short Skirt 3.3 as this is not a supported application for Wife 1.0 and the system will almost certainly crash.

Best of luck
Matrix Forums

ckk -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/14/2005 5:04:52 AM)

[:D]

Tristanjohn -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/14/2005 5:11:05 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ckk

[:D] [:D] [sm=00000030.gif] [:D] [:D]

mogami -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/14/2005 5:31:37 AM)

Hi, Maybe they can design a new program to deal with that problem. Call it "Windows" you throw the wife or the computer out and the problem is solved.

DeepSix -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/14/2005 5:50:35 AM)

LMAO[sm=00000289.gif]

Grotius -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/14/2005 7:12:13 AM)

Hehe, just wait until you get the Expansion Packs that come with Wife 1.0. E.g., Baby 1.0 and Toddler 2.0 and Teenager 13.0.

Brady -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/14/2005 9:05:21 AM)

You better hope she does not start reaing the forums you frequent[:)]

I had a psyco girlfriend who did that once and it got prety darn messy.

RUPD3658 -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/14/2005 4:14:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

Hehe, just wait until you get the Expansion Packs that come with Wife 1.0. E.g., Baby 1.0 and Toddler 2.0 and Teenager 13.0.

On the plus side, by the time the 1.6 patch comes out Toddler 2.0 could become head to head opponant 1.0!
[:)]

Skyros -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/14/2005 8:53:49 PM)

My Toddler 4.0 likes to snuggle on my lap as I play, and asks such great questions as Who are the Good Guys? Me!, and the bad guys? The red or green guys..Oh why do you play this game all the time?

RevRick -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/15/2005 1:39:01 AM)

Or even more problematic is the upgraded Teeneager 19.0 which is self programmed to upgrade to Young Adult 20.0 very shortly. This program places further demands on the system, taxing utilities and Patience 1.1 almost to the limit for the owner. The speciality is time demands and usage demands which exceed the original specifications when purchased, resulting in subsequent upgrades to hardware which never seem to keep up with the program.

Then, wife 1.81 automatic upgrade (cyclical reponse on Anniversary 1.0 and all succeeding dates) also has further time demands on system, such as In-Law application 2.XXX and Social Program Directives which always seem to auto self install in the system tray and cannot be deleted, such as Dining Out 48.2, Apparel 28.4, and Personal Financial applications which seem to multiply and totally eradicate the remaining system free time.

All in all, though... er.. program error. Honey Do program 9.5 now self installing.

Lonewolfpj -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/15/2005 2:35:58 AM)

lol[:D] its so true though[:(]

LargeSlowTarget -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/15/2005 11:46:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: yabba_dabba
I recently upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 and found that the new program takes up a lot of space and valuable resources.

Never change a running system... [:D]

Marten -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/15/2005 1:41:45 PM)

well... if it's WitP Wife 1.0 you can spend some political points to send her to australia and your problem is solved (if you aren't australian)

harrer -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/15/2005 3:50:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

quote:

Never change a running system... [:D]

quote:

ORIGINAL: Marten

well... if it's WitP Wife 1.0 you can spend some political points to send her to australia and your problem is solved (if you aren't australian)

Harrer

mike charley 7 -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/15/2005 8:31:25 PM)

GENTLEMAN,

Have we not forgot about Divorce 5.0 hell of a program and expensive too
quote:

Dear Matrix Forums

I am desperate for some help.

This wasn't mentioned in the product brochure. In addition, Wife 1.0 installs itself into all other programs and launches during system installation where it monitors all other system activity.

Applications such as Boys Night Out 2.5 and Footie 5.3 no longer run and crash the system whenever selected. Attempting to operate Saturday,War in the Pacific 6.3 always fails but Saturday Shopping 7.1 runs instead.

I cannot seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background whilst attempting to run any of my favorite applications.
I am thinking about going back to Girlfriend 7.0 but de-install doesn't work on this program.

Can you please help?
Joe

Dear Joe,

This is a very common problem resulting from a basic misunderstanding.

Many men upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0 thinking that Wife 1.0 is merely a
UTILITIES & ENTERTAINMENT program. Whereas Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING SYSTEM designed by its creator to run everything.
You are unlikely to be able to purge Wife 1.0 and still convert back to Girlfriend 7.0 as Wife 1.0 is not designed to do this and it is impossible to de-install, delete or purge the program files from the system once installed.
Some people have tried to install Girlfriend 8.0 or Wife 2.0 but have ended up with even more problems (see in manual under Alimony/Child Support and Solicitors Fees).

Having Wife 1.0 installed myself I recommend you keep it installed and deal with the difficulties as best you can. When any faults or problems occur, whatever you think has caused them; you must run the
C:\I-APOLOGISE program and avoid attempting to use the 'Esc' key.
It may be necessary to run C:\I-APOLOGISE a number of times but hopefully eventually the operating system will return to normal.

Wife 1.0 although a very high maintenance program can be very rewarding. To get the most out of it consider buying additional software such as Flowers 2.0 and Chocolates 5.0.

Do not under any circumstances install Secretary with Short Skirt 3.3 as this is not a supported application for Wife 1.0 and the system will almost certainly crash.

Best of luck
Matrix Forums

Marten -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/16/2005 9:26:00 AM)

remember that you can enchance visual effects of Wife 1.0 by changing her interface palette from grayscale to at least 16mln colours and installing Silicon Graphics Boobs 4D hardware. also check if Wife 1.0 controls USB correctly, so you can upload something from your memory stick with it. sometimes Wife 1.0 lounches internal firewall without reason, there is no patch to this problem, just use combination of ctrl+alt+shut up buttons [:'(]
don't forget about added software: cleansweep and scanroom, that keep your place tidy

mogami -> RE: For those on the verge... (3/16/2005 9:36:16 AM)

Hi, (Mandark laugh) hahaha hahaha Sockpuppet 1.0 is much cheaper, can be uninstalled and is machine washable. (Mandark laugh) hahaha hahaha

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI