Fleet HQ's role (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

steve99x -> Fleet HQ's role (3/14/2005 6:41:40 PM)

what is the best way to utilize Fleet HQ's?

Tom Hunter -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/14/2005 6:46:35 PM)

Use them to invade Atolls. Unlike your other land units they come back if you lose them. So you can repeat the invasion every 3 months until it works.

Or you can use them to speed ship repair.

steve99x -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/14/2005 6:59:58 PM)

how do they enhance the invasion force? the same way as the other HQ's?

and do you know how much more effective the ship repair compared to the repair ships?

Tom Hunter -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/14/2005 7:02:35 PM)

First answer should be taken tounge firmly in cheek.

I am not sure how much they affect ship repair but they are cumulative with ARs.

Sardaukar -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/14/2005 7:04:30 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steve99x

how do they enhance the invasion force? the same way as the other HQ's?

and do you know how much more effective the ship repair compared to the repair ships?

To first I'd rather use Amhibious Force HQ on AGC.

I think it was (support squads/100) that Fleet HQ adds to repair. So, 200 support squads Naval HQ would add +2 to port size for repairs.

Cheers,

M.S.

tsimmonds -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/14/2005 7:09:32 PM)

A fleet HQ in a port gives a bonus equal to increasing the port by the number of support in the HQ divided by 50. So one good fleet HQ might be worth as much as 2 or 3 AR. Plus, I believe that this bonus may apply to an unlimited number of ships trying to repair in the port.

steve99x -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/14/2005 7:12:08 PM)

so... jokes aside... har...

best used as a ship repair port-enhancer? or is there a role bonus in an invasion force?

Sardaukar -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/14/2005 7:13:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: irrelevant

A fleet HQ in a port gives a bonus equal to increasing the port by the number of support in the HQ divided by 50. So one good fleet HQ might be worth as much as 2 or 3 AR. Plus, I believe that this bonus may apply to an unlimited number of ships trying to repair in the port.

Divided by 50 ?? Wow, I need to get the other Fleet HQ to frontline soon. Subs seem to repair quite fast on Wake indeed, albeit I have 4 ARs there too.
Cheers,

M.S.

AmiralLaurent -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/14/2005 7:19:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: irrelevant

Divided by 50 ?? Wow, I need to get the other Fleet HQ to frontline soon. Subs seem to repair quite fast on Wake indeed, albeit I have 4 ARs there too.
Cheers,

M.S.

Yes I have also the 50 number in mind. A naval HQ is most of the times increasing by 4 the size of the port for repairs.

I think they are also helping for loading/unloading if I remember well.

All of this is in the manual.

Yamato hugger -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/14/2005 7:54:43 PM)

They also add to the amount of supplies that can be stockpiled on a base if the air + port of the base is less than 10. 50k I think. Its in the rules as well.

Sardaukar -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/15/2005 1:40:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

I think my manual has some sort of cloaking device or stealth feature for important information...[:'(][;)]

Or maybe I should just re-read it few times..again [:D]

Cheers,

M.S.

Yamato hugger -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/15/2005 7:00:49 PM)

quote:

Or maybe I should just re-read it few times..again

My manual is part of my "bathroom library" [;)]

Bradley7735 -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/15/2005 7:06:42 PM)

Fleet HQ's give you no invasion bonus. That was a joke from the poster. They give bonuses to ports. I thought it was just repairing of ships, but I guess it's possible that they help to unload and load ships.

Amphib FORCE HQ's give bonuses to invasions. (only the FORCE HQ's, not the others.) You don't start getting Amphib Force HQ's until late 43 and only as allied. They also need to be loaded on an AGC ship and the ship needs to be in the hex of the invasion. They will stay on the ship until the base is taken.

Skyros -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/15/2005 7:14:09 PM)

Here is something I put together from the manual concerning HQs. I hope it helps.

AmiralLaurent -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/15/2005 7:30:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Skyros

Here is something I put together from the manual concerning HQs. I hope it helps.

"Naval HQs

– A Fleet HQ in a port gives a bonus equal to increasing the port by the support in the HQ divided by 50 (generally 2 or 3). "

I understand that this size bonus applies to all uses of a port (repair and loading/unloading). Now that I think of it, I don't remember that this bonus is useful for torpedo/mine resplenishment.

Skyros -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/15/2005 8:36:00 PM)

It sure makes getting the Asiatic Fleet HQ out of PI worth the effort.

ckk -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/15/2005 9:20:41 PM)

Yes I always get it out by sub transport It helps in Darwin or any place in OZ.

Tristanjohn -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/15/2005 10:47:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sardaukar

quote:

ORIGINAL: AmiralLaurent

I think my manual has some sort of cloaking device or stealth feature for important information...[:'(][;)]

Or maybe I should just re-read it few times..again [:D]

Cheers,

M.S.

The manual was poorly written and not indexed at all.

Does anyone know if Acrobat Reader (full-fledged edition) has an indexing feature? If not, what other common word-processing programs have that now? I know some do, just can't recall which ones. (All I've used for years are little programs like Cetus, and those rarely. I've lost track of what's out there.)

Point is, if Acrobat does have that feature, of if someone has word-processor software which does, then it should be possible to run the manual through that software and then re-encrypt it in Acrobat's format for distribution to the WitP community. It could only help finding these sorts of details.

tsimmonds -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/15/2005 10:51:46 PM)

quote:

Does anyone know if Acrobat Reader (full-fledged edition) has an indexing feature?

I use "Edit/Find" all the time. Works great.

Feinder -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/15/2005 11:13:40 PM)

Why do you need to evac the Fleet HQ in PI. I thought all HQs came back as a reinforcement?

If not, then which types do, and which types don't?

I've never bothered with the Fleet HQ in Manilla. But I also never bothered to check the reinforcement list to see when/if it ever came back.

-F-

Skyros -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/15/2005 11:26:10 PM)

The problem is, if you do not get it out you have to wait for it to die before it goes back into the pool. If you can get it out then you get the use of its repair and supply concetrating abilities now.

Sardaukar -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/16/2005 10:37:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Feinder

Why do you need to evac the Fleet HQ in PI. I thought all HQs came back as a reinforcement?

If not, then which types do, and which types don't?

I've never bothered with the Fleet HQ in Manilla. But I also never bothered to check the reinforcement list to see when/if it ever came back.

-F-

I don't think Asiatic Fleet and ABDA etc. come back when destroyed. Other Command HQs are supposed to be back when destroyed. I haven't gotten ABDA or Asiatic Fleet HQ back and it's Dec 1943 in Scen 16.

Cheers,

M.S.

Bradley7735 -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/16/2005 6:38:46 PM)

ABDA and USAFFE are exceptions to the respawning HQ rule. If they are destroyed, they don't come back. You have to take part of them to save them.

I think there may be some of the SE Asia HQ's that don't come back as well, but I've always saved part of them so I don't know for sure.

steve99x -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/16/2005 8:32:59 PM)

I read in the manual that PT's, Subs and Destroyer Tenders also aid in ship repair...

anyone see this happening????

Sardaukar -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/17/2005 2:28:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: steve99x

I read in the manual that PT's, Subs and Destroyer Tenders also aid in ship repair...

anyone see this happening????

AS and AD do speed up the repairs of corresponding ship classes quite considerably (+2 increase to port size for repairs). Subs and DD/DE definitely reapir faster with AS/AD or 2 in port in my game. I've not used AGP to anything, so don't know about them and PT boats.

Cheers,

M.S.

foliveti -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/18/2005 8:09:17 PM)

quote:

AS and AD do speed up the repairs of corresponding ship classes quite considerably (+2 increase to port size for repairs). Subs and DD/DE definitely reapir faster with AS/AD or 2 in port in my game. I've not used AGP to anything, so don't know about them and PT boats.

Cheers,

M.S.

Keep in mind that the number of ships that can be helped to repair by the auxiliary ships is limited. AR can only boost repair on 4 ships at a time. I think the AD and AS can only assist two at a time. I also believe that you can stack an AR with an AD or AS to get a double bonus. However, I have read conflicting posts on whether you can stack multiple AR to get a double bonus on the same ship.

Sardaukar -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/19/2005 10:31:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: foliveti

Keep in mind that the number of ships that can be helped to repair by the auxiliary ships is limited. AR can only boost repair on 4 ships at a time. I think the AD and AS can only assist two at a time. I also believe that you can stack an AR with an AD or AS to get a double bonus. However, I have read conflicting posts on whether you can stack multiple AR to get a double bonus on the same ship.

ARs stack up to 4..thus max increase to port size with them is +4. They help unlimited number of ships.
Others won't stack, but modify the port size +2. One AD/AS/AGP can service 4 vessels each and (IIRC) 2 can be used in one port. There has been no truly clear answer if more than 2 AS/AD/AGP is helpful, I'd think so if having more than 8 vessels of corresponding class in port needing repairs, but I don't know that for sure.
And add Naval HQ and one should have quite sizable repair port created...they can modify port size +3 or +4.

Cheers,

M.S.

Grotius -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/19/2005 8:18:27 PM)

quote:

I actually compiled a formal index for the manual, in PDF form, six months ago. I passed it on to Matrix and 2by3 for their review before I made it publicly available. I doubt their consent is legally required, but it would have made me feel more comfortable about it. Anyway, I didn't ever get a final word back from them. Maybe I should just send it to Spooky and have him post it?

Tristanjohn -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/19/2005 10:57:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Grotius

quote:

I actually compiled a formal index for the manual, in PDF form, six months ago. I passed it on to Matrix and 2by3 for their review before I made it publicly available. I doubt their consent is legally required, but it would have made me feel more comfortable about it. Anyway, I didn't ever get a final word back from them. Maybe I should just send it to Spooky and have him post it?

Good for you. I suggested this a week ago. Would you please post it at Spooky's site? If not, then send me a copy? An index is certainly needed for that manual. (I wonder why you didn't hear back from Matrix. Afterall, you're doing their work for them! [8D])

pauk -> RE: Fleet HQ's role (3/21/2005 9:42:50 AM)

hi,

Does it help for accelerating repairs to have 4 AR's in the port or is it only helps to repair more ships (4+4=16 ships will benefit from presence of the AR)?

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI