Release date approximation? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Guns of August 1914 - 1918

Ilthuain -> Release date approximation? (3/15/2005 7:52:56 PM)

Does anyone have any clue concerning the release date?

I'd wager the answer is 'no', but I figured it's worth a try.

Clipper1968 -> RE: Release date approximation? (3/15/2005 8:51:00 PM)

When it will be ready I suppose...[:D][:D][:D]

Seriously,hurry up guys!!!I can not wait any longer for this game!!![;)]
I would not purchase this product if I have to wait too long...[sm=00000280.gif]

ojnab_bob -> RE: Release date approximation? (3/15/2005 11:17:56 PM)

I'd like to see more info too, but as I was the only one to post here over the last ten previous days I think this trench may be deserted. Perhaps the Matrix staff pulled back to a reserve trench, and we're being left to wait the preparatory bombardment. [;)]

mbatch729 -> RE: Release date approximation? (3/15/2005 11:35:37 PM)

Dug in with you. I enjoy Frank's games, and this one sounds very interesting. Wish there was more traffic from Matrix, and, dare I say it, a Web Page!!! [:'(]

wodin -> RE: Release date approximation? (3/16/2005 2:13:00 AM)

Frank hasn't posted for awhile aswell. Worrying.

Also the lack of a website is getting ridiculous now.

33Vyper -> RE: Release date approximation? (3/16/2005 3:30:19 AM)

i keep checking in on this one as I do have some interest in this subject, however the lack of website, the lack of information in the forum are making me think this is a pretty dead game

Hanal -> RE: Release date approximation? (3/16/2005 3:36:16 AM)

I will continue to lurk about like the Phantom of the Matrix because I believe that this title has good potential....

riley555a -> RE: Release date approximation? (3/20/2005 7:17:21 AM)

Oh well, can't expect to many WWI games in the near future either. I mean, c'mon, look at how that war was fought, it would be incredibly tough to turn it into an entertaining video game. Trench warfare...alot of sitting around...not really any tactics. It's simply sitting in trenches over long periods of time with occasional barrages going on, then finally when the day comes for an offensive it's just a big barrage followed by infantry advance. I don't think you can turn WWI into a good video game if you want it to be the least bit accurate.

wodin -> RE: Release date approximation? (3/20/2005 2:32:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: riley555

Oh well, can't expect to many WWI games in the near future either. I mean, c'mon, look at how that war was fought, it would be incredibly tough to turn it into an entertaining video game. Trench warfare...alot of sitting around...not really any tactics. It's simply sitting in trenches over long periods of time with occasional barrages going on, then finally when the day comes for an offensive it's just a big barrage followed by infantry advance. I don't think you can turn WWI into a good video game if you want it to be the least bit accurate.

You would be very suprised. August, Sept, Oct 1914 and from March to November 1918 was a war of movement. Also the was platoon based taqctics during WW1. Only i the Somme due to the over estimation of the Arty bombardment by the General who planned the offensive. Many lower ranks opposed the walk slowely in a line order. So in effect it was only the Somme where the actual fighting was they way most people imagine WW1 was fought. I did myself until I started to study the conflict.

jnier -> RE: Release date approximation? (3/20/2005 2:50:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

quote:

ORIGINAL: riley555

You would be very suprised. August, Sept, Oct 1914 and from March to November 1918 was a war of movement. Also the was platoon based taqctics during WW1. Only i the Somme due to the over estimation of the Arty bombardment by the General who planned the offensive. Many lower ranks opposed the walk slowely in a line order. So in effect it was only the Somme where the actual fighting was they way most people imagine WW1 was fought. I did myself until I started to study the conflict.

Also, the war on the Eastern Front and in the middle east was very fluid as well.

WW1 games can be wildly entertaining (e.g. Paths of Glory), they just shouldn't focus exlusively on Trench warfare (althought Trenchfoot was fun).

davidshq -> RE: Release date approximation? (4/8/2005 2:14:35 AM)

I'm looking forward to hearing more about this game as well.
David.

Brady -> RE: Release date approximation? (4/8/2005 4:14:02 AM)

Yup, me too[:)]

ojnab_bob -> RE: Release date approximation? (4/8/2005 7:08:39 AM)

We heard something a few weeks back... nothing to do but hold on to your section of the line, eat Bully Beef out of a tin, ready your Very lights and hang on! Kitchener himself has promised us victory.

oi_you_nutter -> RE: Release date approximation? (4/8/2005 7:05:10 PM)

dont worry mate, it will all be over by Christmas

oi_you_nutter -> RE: Release date approximation? (4/8/2005 7:24:07 PM)

WWI games can be great fun exploring the what-if tactics

could the Western Front stalemate have been avoided by better Generalship ?
could Gallipoli have worked in knocking Turkey out of the war ?

WWI is an overlooked conflict which is a tragedy for the millions who suffered in it. (my family included)

David Heath -> RE: Release date approximation? (4/8/2005 8:15:36 PM)

We are waiting on Frank to get everything all completed. We have the manual being edited and as soon as we think it getting close we will let you know.

anarchyintheuk -> RE: Release date approximation? (4/9/2005 12:24:13 AM)

*hopes it's better than the WitP manual*

Looking forward to playing this one.

FrankHunter -> RE: Release date approximation? (4/20/2005 12:28:35 AM)

Just to update, I did finish my very very rough and useless version of the manual. Its being turned into something informative.

As you may know I'm also the programmer on the Black Powder game so things are a little hectic.

But, GoA is ready for testing and Black Powder is getting closer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI