Nail Biter (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Ancients] >> Tin Soldiers: Julius Caesar

mbelew -> Nail Biter (3/18/2005 10:05:09 PM)

I just finished a nail biting multiplayer game with DIEMAN. I have to say it is one of the closest battles I have ever been in.

Several times Caesar's troops just plain walloped the weakly trained Gallic rebellion at Gergovia. The legions overpowered them at the outer wall, and marched on the fort for what seemed a clear victory.

As they closed in on the fort walls, rocks and arrows rained down on the legions changing the tide of war in favor of the Gauls. The game ended when Caesar's army realised Gaul's were successfully defending the fort (in other words, the turn limit was reached).

In all, it was a very fun battle, it could have gone either way at any time.

[image]local://upfiles/12386/A4B97E9EA0924A18A74C5FA9978F1E72.jpg[/image]

wodin -> RE: Nail Biter (3/19/2005 12:50:30 AM)

Looks fantastic. How far down the line is development? To get to a playable stage already is good news indeed.

Also how many titles do you plan to make with the current engine before you decide on an overhaul. Silly question I know as from all acounts the current engine works superb. I'm just curious about your longterm plans.

Deride -> RE: Nail Biter (3/19/2005 1:09:43 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin
Looks fantastic. How far down the line is development? To get to a playable stage already is good news indeed.

We are currently in beta testing, and all 14 scenarios have been implemented. We are working on balance testing and making sure the AI behaves correctly.

quote:

Also how many titles do you plan to make with the current engine before you decide on an overhaul. Silly question I know as from all acounts the current engine works superb. I'm just curious about your longterm plans.

Frankly, we really can't say. Use of the engine as well as what games we make depends entirely on who is buying the games and what people are looking for. I can confirm that we are looking at a potential third game using the engine with yet another impressive round of improvements.

Deride

Ilthuain -> RE: Nail Biter (3/19/2005 2:41:38 AM)

ETA?

[:D]

Deride -> RE: Nail Biter (3/20/2005 1:29:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ilthuain
ETA?
[:D]

Although the bulk of development is done, there is still balancing and final bug fixing. After that, we have to make sure we are ready with launch, etc. So, while I can not commit to a particular ETA, I can just promise that we are very close!

Deride

Marathon -> RE: Nail Biter (4/2/2005 2:23:23 AM)

Anyone can beat DIEMAN. [:D]

Copper -> RE: Nail Biter (4/2/2005 6:51:30 PM)

the wait is killing me, how much longer!?

Deride -> RE: Nail Biter (4/3/2005 7:28:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Copper
the wait is killing me, how much longer!?

Again, Copper, we can't make any committments to exact release date. But I do believe it should be announced sometime this month when we will be releasing.

Deride

Windfire -> RE: Nail Biter (4/4/2005 5:56:18 AM)

quote:

quote:

Frankly, we really can't say. Use of the engine as well as what games we make depends entirely on who is buying the games and what people are looking for. I can confirm that we are looking at a potential third game using the engine with yet another impressive round of improvements.

Deride

Glad to hear you are looking at a third game. I like the feel of the system and how it compares to miniature battles. Looking forward to "pushing" the Roman army and other armies in future products.

ravinhood -> RE: Nail Biter (4/11/2005 5:09:19 PM)

Count me in on looking forward to. You guys should convince Matrix to let you have at least "one retail release". I think this one would be very popular, especially after RTW and all the ancient movies still in peoples heads. ;)

wodin -> RE: Nail Biter (4/24/2005 1:30:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Count me in on looking forward to. You guys should convince Matrix to let you have at least "one retail release". I think this one would be very popular, especially after RTW and all the ancient movies still in peoples heads. ;)

I also think this could be a retail release game.

If you ever did a WW2 version then get it on those shelves as I feel it would fly out. Just my opinion. Many tabletop WW2 enthusiasts would lap it up Im sure. Also so many lads 30 and up used to play with plastic or lead soldiers when they were kids.

sol_invictus -> RE: Nail Biter (4/24/2005 2:56:10 AM)

Whadya mean USED to![;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI