Crown and Glory game (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

wodin -> Crown and Glory game (3/21/2005 1:48:30 AM)

Looks similar to EiA.

Matrix has signed it apparantly.

LINK

Link

Actually it looks superb.

"Crown of Glory: Europe in the Age of Napoleon is a new wargame currently in development at Western Civilization Software, a new Michigan-based developer. Crown of Glory is set between 1799 and 1820; players control one of the crowned potentates of Europe in the Napoleonic Era, directing that nation's military strategy, economic development, diplomatic relations, and social organization. The detailed official web site goes into considerable detail explaining the game's numerous features, but some highlights include strategic and tactical-level game modes, a classic hex map layout, turn-based tactical combat with specialized "initiative" ratings, realistic weather and smoke effects, seventy historical leaders to manage, a morale model, an economics mode which such complexities as banks and loans, a diplomacy mode with customizable treaties and historical diplomats, siege warfare, naval combat, and much, much more. We noted that Western Civilization is currently looking for beta testers: contact information is available on the developer web site.

According to sources, Crown of Glory has been signed for publication by Matrix Games."

rhondabrwn -> RE: Crown and Glory game (3/21/2005 2:27:38 AM)

That is exciting news. I like the look of it already.

Matrix seems to be everywhere these days [&o]

FreeBird -> RE: Crown and Glory game (3/21/2005 3:58:08 AM)

I loved EiA and this is great news! [8D] It is even going to support multiple players on the internet and LAN, which will really bring the Machiavellian diplomacy of the period to life.

Regards..

ravinhood -> RE: Crown and Glory game (3/21/2005 4:42:23 AM)

quote:

See that statement, that seems to be the draw keywords of just about every new title these days "it LOOKS superb". Looks ain't gonna make it superb. Now, when I read 100 times by different people that the "gameplay is superb", I might take a LOOK at it then. ;)

Stavka_lite -> RE: Crown and Glory game (3/21/2005 8:01:04 AM)

If the designers can pull off all the claims they have made in the preview page then we will have an absolutely wonderful game. I hope that they can. I didn't see anything about mulitple-players. This game just screams for it.

wodin -> RE: Crown and Glory game (3/21/2005 1:04:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

quote:

See that statement, that seems to be the draw keywords of just about every new title these days "it LOOKS superb". Looks ain't gonna make it superb. Now, when I read 100 times by different people that the "gameplay is superb", I might take a LOOK at it then. ;)

What I meant by that is its a TURN BASED HEX game that look superb which proves that this type of game doesn't need to look dull.

Hoenstly it does look good and if it delivers what it promises it should play superb too.

You know that graphics don't mean that much to me but I do believe there is no excuse for bland visuals for turn based games these days. Squad Battles in my eyes looks superb aswell! Something like TacOps doesn't.

DeepSix -> RE: Crown and Glory game (3/21/2005 1:16:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin
You know that graphics don't mean that much to me but I do believe there is no excuse for bland visuals for turn based games these days. Squad Battles in my eyes looks superb aswell! Something like TacOps doesn't.

I always thought TacOps was intended as a niche market game anyway. A desktop sand table. But it would benefit from at least a little more terrain relief; it's hard to tell the difference between the levels of terrain.

ravinhood -> RE: Crown and Glory game (3/21/2005 1:47:22 PM)

Man you guys are just spoilt! heh I can still play old games from the commodore 64 with 4 to 16 colors. Those old SSI Civil War games are still enjoyable to play and those games are pretty much BLUE & WHITE, with a touch of green and orange and mostly black. lol Thing I like a lot about those games, you got a "laminated" map with them and you could use grease pencils to mark on them and then erase later on. Boy, you sure don't see the likes of that anymore. Colonial Conquest was another with a really nice "laminated" map. SSI was real good for many years giving the players "laminated" maps for wargames. "Carrier Force" came with *2* "laminated maps also. Then one day the boxes got smaller, the contents of them was less and manuals decreased to about 4 pages lol and as the years have passed the content overall has deminished in many games. But, boy you sure do get a lot more unwanted "advertisement" in these boxes today. Even the mail, electric and phone and water bill all have "spam" advertisement in them now. Geeesh advertising is taking over the world. I can hardly switch a channel on tv even without there being a "commercial" on.

One thing I can say about Matrixgames, they don't spam you with advertisements like Wargamer.com has become. Geesh, it's practically like Gamespy now with just too much advertisement force flashed in your face. "DOWN with UNWANTED advertising" I say. ;)

wodin -> RE: Crown and Glory game (3/21/2005 3:02:57 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravinhood

Man you guys are just spoilt! heh I can still play old games from the commodore 64 with 4 to 16 colors. Those old SSI Civil War games are still enjoyable to play and those games are pretty much BLUE & WHITE, with a touch of green and orange and mostly black. lol Thing I like a lot about those games, you got a "laminated" map with them and you could use grease pencils to mark on them and then erase later on. Boy, you sure don't see the likes of that anymore. Colonial Conquest was another with a really nice "laminated" map. SSI was real good for many years giving the players "laminated" maps for wargames. "Carrier Force" came with *2* "laminated maps also. Then one day the boxes got smaller, the contents of them was less and manuals decreased to about 4 pages lol and as the years have passed the content overall has deminished in many games. But, boy you sure do get a lot more unwanted "advertisement" in these boxes today. Even the mail, electric and phone and water bill all have "spam" advertisement in them now. Geeesh advertising is taking over the world. I can hardly switch a channel on tv even without there being a "commercial" on.

One thing I can say about Matrixgames, they don't spam you with advertisements like Wargamer.com has become. Geesh, it's practically like Gamespy now with just too much advertisement force flashed in your face. "DOWN with UNWANTED advertising" I say. ;)

Heh I had a BBC B computer with 32K! Elite was superb. Played it for a year saving to cassette. Then the tape got chewed. Was I mad as hell.

Then an Amstrad CPC464 (green monitor). Then Atari St then Amiga 2000.

wodin -> RE: Crown and Glory game (3/21/2005 3:04:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: DeepSix

quote:

I always thought TacOps was intended as a niche market game anyway. A desktop sand table. But it would benefit from at least a little more terrain relief; it's hard to tell the difference between the levels of terrain.

Very true but it could still do with a graphical overhaul as though its a niche game they need the sales. A thread is runiing over at Wafare HQ on how to attract new blood. This was a major point.

EnPeaSea -> RE: Crown and Glory game (3/21/2005 5:23:44 PM)

Wow, the list of features reads like a dream game. [X(]

Hopefully there is some substance behind it.

ioticus -> RE: Crown and Glory game (3/21/2005 8:32:57 PM)

Looks great, I just hope it has a good AI.

Zap -> RE: Crown and Glory game (3/21/2005 9:54:53 PM)

quote:

Very true but it could still do with a graphical overhaul as though its a niche game they need the sales. A thread is runiing over at Wafare HQ on how to attract new blood. This was a major point.

A few years from now we won,t even be discussing this at all. The industry already feels the pressure to increase graphic beauty. We are on course a new industry standard. I welcome it. Probally, another 15 years from now the standard level will be raised again.

DeepSix -> RE: Crown and Glory game (3/22/2005 2:01:26 AM)

quote:

A thread is runiing over at Wafare HQ on how to attract new blood. This was a major point.

I hope they do... I haven't played a good TacOps PBEM in years, and I've had the game since it first came out ten years or so ago! ....Boy am I getting old.[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI