HELP PLEASE (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

aernor -> HELP PLEASE (3/21/2005 10:50:17 AM)

I HAVE WAR IN THE PACIFIC INSTALLED.
I AM TRYING TO INSTALL THE LATEST PATCH
WHERE IS THE B****Y SERIAL NUMBER.

(OBVIOUSLY I FOUND IT TO INSTALL, AND CAN'T SEE IT NOW.)

MATRIX GAMES, WONDERFUL GAMES BUT IF YOU'RE GOING TO SELL ON LINE THEN DO SOMETHING ABOUT YOUR B****Y CUSTOMER INTERFACE.

pubar@tiscali.co.uk

ravinhood -> RE: HELP PLEASE (3/21/2005 1:36:39 PM)

Heh, and yet another fine reason direct download is a pain in the butt.

Did you search in your "My Documents" folder for perhaps a WITP folder of some sorts? I have OOTPB (Out of the Park Baseball) and they put the serial number in one of the user files in the game directory. So, you might look for some sort of user data folder within the game directory also. You open them up with notepad or word or any text program and it lists all your user data like when you bought it, and the serial numbers, stuff like that.

wodin -> RE: HELP PLEASE (3/21/2005 3:05:16 PM)

If you downloaded it will will be in an email from Matrix.

aernor -> RE: HELP PLEASE (3/21/2005 3:16:13 PM)

Thanks all, I finally found it on the E mail receipt!

Fortunately I hadn't deleted the mail, but more by good luck than judgement.

Please please Matix if you're going to send out codes by e mail put it in the title of the message "Here's you code" or something or at the very least put a message on the installation telling us where to look!!!

Paul Vebber -> Finding your serial number (3/21/2005 3:36:56 PM)

If you go to the SUPPORT link and click on MY ORDER STATUS thee is a facility to get a copy of your invoice emialed to you.

Here is the direct link.

https://www.digitalriver.com/dr/cs/ec_main.entry11?sp=10340&pn=1#q1

Mr.Frag -> RE: Finding your serial number (3/21/2005 4:10:09 PM)

nevermind

rhondabrwn -> RE: Finding your serial number (3/25/2005 1:12:55 AM)

The very FIRST thing I do after downloading a game and receiving my e-mail serial # is to create a Serial # file in notepad. I do this before even installing the game.

After installation is completed I put a copy of the Serial # file (clearly identified) in the Matrix Game sub-directory.

Then I make a copy of the installation files and the Serial # file and burn it onto a CD as a backup.

If you aren't going to take these simple, common sense steps, then you shouldn't be buying any downloadable game and should stick to buying boxed versions. I wouldn't be griping to Matrix about it.

Just my two cents worth after reading far too many of these "I can't find my serial # and it's all Matrix's fault" whines! [8|]

Marc von Martial -> RE: Finding your serial number (3/25/2005 4:15:17 AM)

quote:

The very FIRST thing I do after downloading a game and receiving my e-mail serial # is to create a Serial # file in notepad. I do this before even installing the game.

Thatīs what I do with every piece of software I license, be it a game or a n application. I dot the notepad thing like above and print it out, even if the serial is in the manual or on the box.

mbatch729 -> RE: Finding your serial number (3/26/2005 6:00:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rhondabrwn

Then I make a copy of the installation files and the Serial # file and burn it onto a CD as a backup.

And use a Sharpie to write the Serial # on the CD!!! [:'(]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI