Looks great! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Crown of Glory

Ilthuain -> Looks great! (3/23/2005 7:05:12 AM)

Read the subject.

Yeah.... it looks great. I think I need this.

steveh11Matrix -> RE: Looks great! (3/23/2005 11:34:49 AM)

Yes, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one!

Steve.

Darken -> RE: Looks great! (3/23/2005 12:51:28 PM)

quote:

from Matrix news: Two hundred years after the start of the Napoleonic Wars, Crown Of Glory gives you a chance to change history as the ruler of a nation

So this really interesting looking game is published this year?

Be sure I'll have one eye on this game (the other is on Empire in Arms[:D]).

LarkinVB -> RE: Looks great! (3/23/2005 1:02:54 PM)

Looks great. A must buy for me.

Whats the planned release date ?

HobbesACW -> RE: Looks great! (3/23/2005 2:22:27 PM)

I'll have to get this and EiA even if I don't have time to play them both!

Too many good games due out soon

steveh11Matrix -> RE: Looks great! (3/23/2005 3:20:15 PM)

One thing I'm still not entirely clear on: is there a Single-Player mode?

Steve.

ericbabe -> single player? (3/23/2005 4:10:15 PM)

There is a single player mode. There are two basic types of games: local and remote. In either type of game the player can set any nation to be either human or AI controlled. Local games with multiple human players are hot-seat games.

sprior -> RE: Looks great! (3/23/2005 5:34:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: hobbes

I'll have to get this and EiA even if I don't have time to play them both!

Too many good games due out soon

Too many games, not enough time! But this game looks gorgeous. How are naval battles resloved?

ericbabe -> RE: Looks great! (3/23/2005 5:46:53 PM)

Naval battles are resolved using the quick combat only.

steveh11Matrix -> RE: single player? (3/23/2005 6:35:15 PM)

Diamond! Thanks.

sol_invictus -> RE: Looks great! (3/23/2005 6:35:49 PM)

This game looks great and has the potential to allow me to realize a decade long dream for a strategic Napoleonic computer game. God let this one be a winner.[&o]

siRkid -> RE: Looks great! (3/23/2005 7:24:15 PM)

Looks great. I've waited a long time for a Strategic game that allows you the option of tactical combat. I'll buy it just for that.[:D][:D][:D]

sprior -> RE: Looks great! (3/23/2005 7:38:29 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Kid

Looks great. I've waited a long time for a Strategic game that allows you the option of tactical combat. I'll buy it just for that.[:D][:D][:D]

Me too! Brilliant!

ojnab_bob -> RE: Looks great! (3/24/2005 1:14:01 AM)

Agreed, I am pumped for this game. Any information on a release date would be exciting... but take your time to get thngs right.

coralsaw -> RE: Looks great! (3/24/2005 10:49:13 AM)

Put me in line for this one. Who said that wargames have to look bad? [:)]

A couple of early points if I may:

• Interface, interface, interface. Make it easy to do things, and give plenty of in-game tooltip and help options.
  • Bind it with history. Give us details (in-game, in a separate database etc) about units and leaders. Engage us!
  • Make it easy to mod. Please...

Love the looks, hope the engine works as well.

/coralsaw

ericbabe -> RE: Looks great! (3/24/2005 5:41:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: coralsaw
  • Interface, interface, interface. Make it easy to do things, and give plenty of in-game tooltip and help options.
  • Bind it with history. Give us details (in-game, in a separate database etc) about units and leaders. Engage us!
  • Make it easy to mod. Please...

Love the looks, hope the engine works as well.

/coralsaw

• Hi coralsaw,

We're planning to make a Flash presentation that will be a walk-through of the game features. It will double as an advertising tool as well as a tutorial. We have tooltips for many of the controls and stat-bars in the game. Some things just can't easily be thoroughly explained in-game, such as the economic and combat rules.

In our in-house testing sessions we've found that some testers prefer to ignore most of the economic rules, whereas others (are you reading this Mr Z.?) have fun endlessly tinkering with trade proposals and labor allocations. The advanced economic stuff can easily be ignored if all players want to do is build units and fight battles -- for the most part, your economy doesn't fall to pieces if you ignore it (you may have to adjust the tax rating or take out loans).

Some aspects of the game will be easy to modify. Basic unit attributes, costs, starting locations, provincial production values, some global game parameters, attributes of generals -- all can easily be modified by changing the plain text data files. (We are talking about having monthly tutorial-type newsletters on our website describing how to mod various aspects of the game.) The scenarios are just a directory with certain data files in them, so players will be able to create their own scenarios -- though this will require some small amount of instruction.

As for the engine working, we are able to play long single player games all the way through with no critical issues. I just played a 12 hour game over the weekend with no serious problems. There may be some issues on some operating systems that we don't normally test on -- I'm getting unusual bug reports from one beta tester who is running Windows 2000. Multiplayer has some critical issues to deal with, but most of these are all at the "edges" of normal play: things like recognizing when a player has dropped and smoothly dropping a player, and server setting game options for players.

Thanks for your interest.

Sincerely,
    Eric Babe

kafka -> RE: Looks great! (3/24/2005 5:44:54 PM)

I read the game details and they are overwhelming. This looks like the game concept I've been waiting for so long to be implemented. To have a game like this combining both the strategic and operational aspect .... phantastic. I'll buy it for sure. And I already begin to dream of this engine marking the begin of a series of games covering wwI, wwII and so on filling the gape the paradox series has not been able to fill.

steveh11Matrix -> RE: Looks great! (3/24/2005 6:38:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ericbabe
    I'm getting unusual bug reports from one beta tester who is running Windows 2000.

Oops! W2K user here...do you want another tester? [;)]

Steve.

Mr. Z -> RE: Looks great! (3/24/2005 7:41:27 PM)

quote:

In our in-house testing sessions we've found that some testers prefer to ignore most of the economic rules, whereas others (are you reading this Mr Z.?) have fun endlessly tinkering with trade proposals and labor allocations.

So which am I? [;)]

I would like to say that yes, it is hoped that some sort of historical detail would be included. We can't promise what will be there, but we will be looking at this aspect.

EnPeaSea -> RE: Looks great! (3/24/2005 8:54:15 PM)

This game looks great. Any vague guesses for a release window?[:)]

ioticus -> RE: Looks great! (3/24/2005 9:46:57 PM)

Game looks awesome in terms of features and looks!!! You hit my gaming G-spot with this one.

Mr. Z -> RE: Looks great! (3/24/2005 10:18:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: EnPeaSea

ericbabe can give you specifics, but I believe we're looking at sometime later this summer.

benpark -> RE: Looks great! (3/24/2005 10:39:17 PM)

This game looks incredible. I'll be following this forum closely in the coming months.

ericbabe -> RE: Looks great! (3/25/2005 6:30:52 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: EnPeaSea

Mr Heath played a long game of Crown of Glory just last week and based on that is encouraging us to release this Summer.

coralsaw -> RE: Looks great! (3/26/2005 2:30:14 PM)

Please take your time Eric. It's important to realize you're building a franchise here, so first impressions (so far positive) do count. [:)]

Just keep us involved and teased. An AAR will go a long way, in due time.

/coralsaw

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI