A Few Good Tanks (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> FlashPoint Germany >> After Action Reports

Yakstock -> A Few Good Tanks (4/2/2005 10:04:33 PM)

I have put an AAR together. It is a recent PBEM game, and as most of my PBEM's it was an enjoyable match. This was one of my first few games and I learned a lot. I hope this is helpful to those still considering purchase of the game. I find it a great deal of fun.

I am on the defensive in this match - the far easier task. I hope to try an AAR of one with me on the offensive.

The display is done in PowerPoint and best viewed using Explorer with full screen option on. Other browsers may not work. Enjoy!

http://home.comcast.net/~gstockbridge/AFGT/AFGTAAR-1_files/fullscreen.htm

Hammertime -> RE: A Few Good Tanks (6/15/2005 5:34:43 PM)

Thanks for the great report Yakstock. So did the WP forces cross the river south of the mined bridge? In this case here, you would have had to spread your units out much more thinly to pick them up. And if you would have done this the WP initial assault would probably have broken your line.

Would it be realistic for a commander in this case to break up a platoon into say 2 or 3 small recon units to extend the lines?

AlvinS -> RE: A Few Good Tanks (6/15/2005 7:46:21 PM)

I crossed south of the mined bridge. I tried a similar tactic in another game we played and he let me get complacent before ripping my forces apart. [X(]

This is a great game for PBEM. It has some very tense moments.

Micah Goodman -> RE: A Few Good Tanks (4/9/2006 8:09:31 AM)

bump

CapnDarwin -> RE: A Few Good Tanks (4/9/2006 4:05:49 PM)

Micah,

Looks like the link is no longer valid. Perhaps someone else can post an AAR here.

FlipTrac_511 -> RE: A Few Good Tanks (6/25/2006 4:56:19 PM)

I'd love to but I need to see how a public AAR is supposed to read first.

goidel -> RE: A Few Good Tanks (8/26/2006 2:23:58 PM)

?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI