Engines (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

IS2m -> Engines (5/2/2005 2:49:38 AM)

Hello everyone

I am trying to figure out what the following engines are used for.

Ishikawajima
Mansyu
Kokusai
Toyoda

I have been all over the a/c database, but can't find any aircraft that use them.

Thanks in advance
[&o]

Drex -> RE: Engines (5/2/2005 2:54:23 AM)

Does the game model engines for vehicles. I mention that because of the Toyota name.

IS2m -> RE: Engines (5/2/2005 2:57:52 AM)

Not that I am aware of. Engines are only used for aircraft production.

sadja -> RE: Engines (5/2/2005 3:16:47 AM)

Go to Spookies site and download the statagey book and it will give you al sorts of hints and helps that still apply to 1.5 alos set you search for 365 days and search production stategies. there is a tremdous amout of information on this forum.
sadja

rtrapasso -> RE: Engines (5/2/2005 3:17:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: IS2m

Hello everyone

I am trying to figure out what the following engines are used for.

Ishikawajima
Mansyu
Kokusai
Toyoda

I have been all over the a/c database, but can't find any aircraft that use them.

Thanks in advance
[&o]

There was recently a very similar thread.

Some engines were left in for unknown reasons - probably because the plans to put the planes in never worked out, or put in for the modders to work with, or some combination of the two.

Charles2222 -> RE: Engines (5/2/2005 7:36:59 AM)

IIRC the automobile engines were in there for a portion of the game they decided to scrap. Somewhere or other, however, I recently seen something about "motorized support" and I wonder if that's something new or just a remnant of the scrapped portion of the game?

rtrapasso -> RE: Engines (5/2/2005 7:38:40 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Charles_22

IIRC the automobile engines were in there for a portion of the game they decided to scrap. Somewhere or other, however, I recently seen something about "motorized support" and I wonder if that's something new or just a remnant of the scrapped portion of the game?

We still have motorized support (for armored formations).

I thought i saw a thread that mentioned some of these engines were for a/c not in the game (but were in the war). I'll see if i can find it...

rtrapasso -> RE: Engines (5/2/2005 7:44:11 AM)

quote:

Here is one thread: Japanese Aircraft Engines
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=838654

I think there is another thread of similar nature, but someone looked up what aircraft took some of those engines.

rtrapasso -> RE: Engines (5/2/2005 7:48:16 AM)

quote:

Found the other thread. It is called "Surprise"
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/fb.asp?m=850119

EDIT:
michaelm said in it:
quote:

Not currently used.

But looking up WEB:
Kokusai Ki-59 - Theresa 1939 twin-engine transport

Michael

Nobody has mentioned the other engines. Probably get 6,000,000 hits if you put in Nissan...

Charles2222 -> RE: Engines (5/2/2005 8:16:22 AM)

Yes, one forgets some of the offbeat engines over time, and of course if all the engines continue to only be for aircraft then it doesn't matter since we can always see the aircraft listed. It's just when you're starting to wonder if suddenly motorized draws support from Toyota for example, and they just hadn't got around to telling us, or that it's something new, that you worry.

wieschi -> RE: Engines (5/2/2005 10:59:14 AM)

quote:

Go to Spookies site and download the statagey book and it will give you al sorts of hints and helps that still apply to 1.5 alos set you search for 365 days and search production stategies. there is a tremdous amout of information on this forum.
sadja

do you have a link?

wild_Willie2 -> RE: Engines (5/2/2005 11:14:39 AM)

Spooky's is at http://mathubert.free.fr/

If you search for WITP under google, it is the first thing you hit.........

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI