RE: Strategic recommendations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Hoplosternum -> RE: Strategic recommendations (6/7/2005 9:55:56 AM)

I agree NeverMan but Barbu's 'secret' comment has a lot of weight. Especially if not played face to face. As Britain I can help France while at war by not helping her allies either in money or diplomacy. I can have a diplomatic spat with Russia over Sweden early on to help make sure she does not intervene in an early Pr/Au vs Fr war which will make it 'impossible' for me to help either etc. I can fail to lean on a pro - French Spain etc.

Likewise as France I can fail to spread or compete at all with the England fleets even sacrifice a small fleet or two for the right price.

Takes a lot of trust but there is no reason for the two powers to be at war. Nor is it necessarily a losing proposition for one of the two. England can be almost impossible to take down once she has a reserve of manpower and a lead in ships. But they still have a small field army and struggle to kill any one Major country if he refuses to sensibly surrender. Likewise the French are in a strong position if they win the first war with the Germans. But it's not game over at that point by any means.

A defacto alliance between France and England is possible and not very nice for the others.

McGuire -> RE: Strategic recommendations (11/18/2005 1:54:46 PM)

I for myself favor the Prussian.

If you're not much of a warlord but you are a diplomat, I think Prussia is the optimal choice!

Prussia has only two Problems:
1. France
If you lose the first early war against France then you're almost gone. You will have a hard time to recover and get back what was taken!
2. Russia
You cannot afford a russian advance into your territory while being at war with France. This will simply break your neck!

So what to do to gain an advantage?

As a Prussian it's very simple: DIPLOMACY
Get the Russian onto your side! Promise him (and help him get) Finland, Sweden, Norway. Denmark you'll keep for yourself.
All this for a little help against the French. A couple of corps as reserve if the war does go bad. And as many of those nasty little cossacks (no cost and a breaking French supply lines).
If he wants more, well, give him Holland, and some other of the small states north of France. And grant access through Denmark!
That will be a who lot of money and land!! But be sure to get the Confederation, Palatinate and Lorraine province.
Go for it an crush France. If you cannot win against the French, leave Lorraine be and get Poland.
Then make peace with everyone!! Build up only perfect Corps (no need for militia) and save money an manpower.
BECAUSE SAVING MANPOWER IS YOUR MAIN ADVANTAGE.
In the next New-Politcal-Combinations-Step:
There you are! PRUSSIA A DOMINANT POWER!

After this the Russian will not even think of attacking you. There is little he can gain - but much to lose.
The Austrian can not afford to lose a valuabe ally against the French - therefor no thread from the south.

If you didn't crush the French before - do it now! Rally yours and your allies' forces and bomb him back into the stone-age!
Help your allies against the Turkish but only fight battles you will win and gain the VPs. Retreat if you're not sure!

No one will be able to stop you - with the right diplomacy!!!

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI