RE: Guys ... it lasts long (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Empires in Arms the Napoleonic Wars of 1805 - 1815

Naomi -> RE: Guys ... it lasts long (6/21/2005 8:16:44 PM)

I vote for a quality game vs a rushed game. Imagine when you could never put a subordinate leader under the command of either of his seniors (as in Napoleon 1813) and you would experience abrupt termination of the game play and unaccounted-for vanishment of a King commander (as in EU). So games had better not to be rushed to make such annoying incidents likely.

*(^,^)*

nukkxx5058 -> RE: Guys ... it lasts long (6/21/2005 9:21:11 PM)

" I vote for a quality game vs a rushed game"

A rushed game ??? are you kidding ? :lol:

EIA development started somewhere in 2000 ... 5 years ago (for memory, EIA was annonced as the continuation of "the wars of Napoleon" which was started somewhere in 2000 then deserted ... :-(

Naomi -> RE: Guys ... it lasts long (6/21/2005 9:48:11 PM)

Why EIA development took 5 years and is still under way? Did staff desertion occur in the meantime? Was development effort diverted to CoG (a comparable game not less complex), which is on its way to imminent lovely debut.

^(~,~)^

NeverMan -> RE: Guys ... it lasts long (6/22/2005 3:51:11 AM)

So when did development on this so called "CoG" begin? Before EiA or after? I am beginning to see a conspiracy.

Montbrun -> RE: Guys ... it lasts long (6/22/2005 2:23:25 PM)

EiA was not originally intended to reflect the board game, and CoG was initially a separate, independent product....

the_GOD_among_men -> RE: Guys ... it lasts long (6/22/2005 6:12:24 PM)

I dont think its fair to rip on Paradox. Sure their games maybe released buggy but they always support them and eventually all the bugs are fixed and Johan still makes patches to improve the mechanics of the game. Its been four years since the game was released and Paradox is still releasing patches and making improvements. Mind you these patches arent for major bugs or anything, those have been dealt with ages ago, these are to further improve the mechanics of the game by adding new features and events and such. If you would download the latest official patch and beta patch you will see that much has changed. Its a whole new game.

edit:this is in reply to Naomi not nukkxx

YohanTM2 -> RE: Guys ... it lasts long (7/29/2005 1:47:51 PM)

LOL

quote:

ORIGINAL: donkuchi

I found Matrix games when I was looking up EIA on the internet. Since then I have purchased WITP, GGWAW, RFTS, and CoD and downloaded PW and WiR. Not only have really enjoyed their games, I have learned so many new acronyms.
[:)][:)][:)]

yammahoper -> RE: Guys ... it lasts long (7/30/2005 2:40:00 AM)

You said everything I wanted to say, and said it well.

Waiting for this game, for me, has been like waiting for xmas, with Marshall as Santa. I just KNOW he is gonna bring me a great gift, one I will cherish for years as I get even less sunlight and drink way to much diet soda. Oh, good tiddings and dont forget the chip dip...

yamma

Naomi -> RE: Guys ... it lasts long (8/6/2005 3:06:59 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: yammahoper@yahoo.com

You said everything I wanted to say, and said it well.

Waiting for this game, for me, has been like waiting for xmas, with Marshall as Santa. I just KNOW he is gonna bring me a great gift, one I will cherish for years as I get even less sunlight and drink way to much diet soda. Oh, good tiddings and dont forget the chip dip...

yamma

This Santa will just bring you a Christmas update. \(^o^)/

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI