Engineer Units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> The War Room

SgtSwanson -> Engineer Units (5/21/2005 1:45:14 AM)

In general, due more ENG units make a base "grow" faster?

And how do you tell how to fill the base's defecit with what ENG unit. i.e... A base is short 20 Aviation support points. What ENG unit would you send there? Where can I find this info?

Nikademus -> RE: Engineer Units (5/21/2005 1:48:32 AM)

Yes. More ENG squads you have, the faster you can build up forts, airfields and port facilties. ENG vehicles are abstractly represented and are equiv to 10 ENG squads.

Look for ENG units that have "Aviation support" squads. They service your aircraft.

SgtSwanson -> RE: Engineer Units (5/22/2005 5:31:16 AM)

Ok, so then what do you think would be the standard set up for an assault jump off base like one that would be within fighter distance?

How many of the different kinds of ENG units to efficiently run the base?

What type of ENG units would you use to maintain a waypoint base (for aircraft transfers) & how many?

Reason why I'm asking is that I have not found anything on this subject and I would like to know and to put it into my tips word doc I'm building. I already have in there how many AP/AK's it takes to load a Division and such. Just tips to help other to speed up their plotting phase.

bradfordkay -> RE: Engineer Units (5/22/2005 6:30:00 AM)

There are a few different types of engineer units: Base Force units, Aviation Units, Construction units. THe following descriptions are based upon allied units (I have yet to examine the Japanese side).

The Base force units have a few engineer squads who perform the base construction, a varying number of aviation support squads (points)who keep the aircraft at the base flying (1 av support point per aircraft up to a maximum necessary of 250 av support points) and a varying number of support squads (points) who provide basic non-combat support to all units based at this base. Think of this as cooks, quartermasters, medical, etc.

The Aviation Support Engineer Units have only two types of squads (but usually a very lot of them, like 270 of each): Aviation Support and Support. These units cannot improve a base, but they can keep any number of aircraft flying and provide basic support for quite a few combat units.

The Construction Engineer units will never have Aviation Support squads and rarely enough Support squads to even cover their own needs, but will have a lot of construction squads to allow fro quicker base building.

Both the Construction Engineer and Base Support Units will have other squads like infantry, AAA, artillery, and even radar (for the Base units) in varying numbers. There are a very few Combat Engineer units (squads) in some of these which will attempt to destroy industrial targets when being orced out of a base with those targets or which will attempt to reduce the level of fortification in bases that the engineer unit is attacking.

I hope this helps, though I will admit that it is not all inclusive...

SgtSwanson -> RE: Engineer Units (5/22/2005 6:57:18 PM)

Now, this is the answer I was looking for. Thank you kind sir. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI