Runs on mid-level laptop? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945 >> Tech Support

Griswel -> Runs on mid-level laptop? (5/23/2005 2:36:10 AM)

Curious whether people have successfully run the game on a mid-level laptop, i.e. not much in the line of video.

I run DX just fine, run Civ3, but, say, Victoria just wouldn't go. Its a 2 year old HP with integrated memory. I'm interested in the game, but I really don't end up spending much time on a wargame when I have to kick the wife/kids off one of the internet-access computers to play. The laptop gets lots of use.

OT - however

Thread title - "How to get a Directx Dialog file"

1. click on "START"
2. click "run"
3. type in "dxdiag" and click "OK"
4. check through the tabs and perform all tests
5. click "Save all Information..." and save the text file to a location of your choice

Gets you a 'diagnostic' file, not a 'dialog' file, right?

Griswel -> RE: Runs on mid-level laptop? (5/24/2005 12:21:54 AM)

Silly me, I guess this (from another topic)

It could also be an overclocking issue ... WitP runs your machine at 100% flat out speed. A couple of users have found that this causes problems with their video card which is borderline. Check your card isn't overclocked (a lot of the newer cards do this automatically).

Means no?

I figured the game would run slow on a slower machine, but that video was the only real problem. Guess I'll have to settle on playing on a "good" computer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI